Post Reply 
Proper Tagging and the Log File for Newbie
21-03-2015, 23:29
Post: #9
RE: Proper Tagging and the Log File for Newbie
(21-03-2015 21:45)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  I've spent considerable amounts of time trying to lose those minimserver error messages with 0 results. I've tried MediaMonkey tagging, MP3tag., Jriver 20 (keeps crashing when it does the YADB lookup). I rescan and nothing changes. I even tried to delete the tags in Jriver20 and error message says it failed to delete tags.

I tried the cleanup file property tool too in Jriver 20. That didn't affect I thing that I could see. Same extremely large log-file.

I've burned my library largely using DBpoweramp on default settings. I don't think though that a lot of the offending files are from DBpoweramp, rather from some unknown files I got from my buddy.

All these files worked through Win media and MediaMonkey players, I know I tested them too.

The only other play is deleting half the library and starting over.

I presume you are referring to the messages about NUL characters. I think the best way to proceed is to start by making a small test library with one or two of these problem albums and run them through dBpoweramp Media Converter using FLAC to FLAC conversion. This should rewrite the tags in the correct format.

While you are doing these experiments on the small library, it might help to set the startupScan property to 'full' to make sure that the files are being rescanned after your changes. If a file is rewritten with the same timestamp and the same size, MinimServer won't rescan it unless startupScan is set to 'full'.

When you have established a process for successfully fixing the problems using the small test library, you can apply the same process to your main library.

Quote:Is there a way to see where one's DSD files are? We've looked for a lookup on just file types inside Minimserver but couldn't come up with a tool to perform that function.

You can add #AudioFormat to indexTags and this will show index categories for your DSF and DFF files.

Quote:Also, before update that is, you could only play 1 track at a time. I haven't seen if there's a fix for that yet.

This isn't related to tagging. It sounds like a problem with your control point and/or renderer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Proper Tagging and the Log File for Newbie - simoncn - 21-03-2015 23:29

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)