Post Reply 
MinimServer 0.62 transcodes FLAC files to WAV
10-12-2012, 21:07
Post: #14
RE: MinimServer 0.62 transcodes FLAC files to WAV
(10-12-2012 20:40)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for explaining this. By your reference to 24/96, I presume you mean that some of your ALAC files are in 24/96 resolution, and the
Denon can accept 24/96 resolution for a transcoded WAV file. Please confirm that I've understood this correctly.

Yes, very few of my ALAC files are in 24/96 resolution. According to manual
.pdf  DNP-720-EN_S.pdf (Size: 987.18 KB / Downloads: 2) , Denon can accept 24/96 FLAC files. I didn't actually test whether the transcoded 24/96 WAV stream is played in 24/96 resolution or down sampled at Denons side.

I am not sure how MinimServers FLAC to WAV transcoding works from a resolution point of view. Is 24/96 FLAC transcoded to 24/96 WAV or is down sampled? I guess in case you are willing to add ALAC to WAV feature into MinimServer it would behave the same way like existing FLAC to WAV transcoding feature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
ALAC to WAV transcoding - manasek - 09-12-2012, 22:19
RE: ALAC to WAV transcoding - simoncn - 09-12-2012, 22:44
RE: ALAC to WAV transcoding - manasek - 10-12-2012, 18:31
RE: ALAC to WAV transcoding - simoncn - 10-12-2012, 20:40
RE: MinimServer 0.62 transcodes FLAC files to WAV - manasek - 10-12-2012 21:07

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)