Post Reply 
Unexpected exception java.lang.NullPointerException
06-11-2014, 16:19
Post: #13
RE: Unexpected exception java.lang.NullPointerException
(06-11-2014 13:58)haggis999 Wrote:  Hmmm. My previous list covered around 26 individual programs and includes some of the biggest names in the software business. Further checks a few minutes ago found that DivX, HTC Sync, Breeze Downloader Pro, ImgBurn, Samsung Kies, Media Player Classic and DVDFab also followed the common pattern of listing both Updates and About directly under Help on the main menu.

I think that trumps one browser by a pretty hefty margin...

Your current semi-automated update process is very useful but for those that may need to trigger it manually (as I did) it seems a pity to hide it away in such an unconventional location. The mini menu associated with MinimWatch is not that long and it could easily display an Updates item without becoming overcrowded.

This is not what I would describe as an urgent change request but I still think it would be worthwhile when time permits.

David

I think the best place to handle the manual update process is from the dialog that shows which packages are installed and what versions of these packages are currently in use. As you have discovered from your extensive research, there is no other software that has Updates as a top-level menu choice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Unexpected exception java.lang.NullPointerException - simoncn - 06-11-2014 16:19

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)