Post Reply 
Unexpected exception java.lang.NullPointerException
06-11-2014, 00:49
Post: #10
RE: Unexpected exception java.lang.NullPointerException
(05-11-2014 19:03)simoncn Wrote:  It is normal practice for software products to put "Check for updates" under "About" or "Help". I can't think of any that have this as a top-level menu selection.

In my experience of Windows software, it is normal for a main menu item called Help to contain entries called Updates and About. In other words, Updates and About are usually at the same level in the hierarchy.

That convention applies for all the Adobe Creative Suite software, VLC Media Player, JRiver Media Center, Quicktime, iTunes, Skype, Handbrake, Mp3tag, and WinZip. These all have Updates and About listed under Help. Similarly, my MS Office 2007 apps all have Updates and About listed on the Options/Resources menu.

So far, I have failed to find any app that lists Updates under About, which is why I would never have thought of looking there.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Unexpected exception java.lang.NullPointerException - haggis999 - 06-11-2014 00:49

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)