Post Reply 
AlbumArtist Issues - creates more Albums
27-09-2014, 11:47
Post: #9
RE: AlbumArtist Issues - creates more Albums
(27-09-2014 11:12)DavidHB Wrote:  ... but I thought that the normal way of dealing with cases of this kind is to leave AlbumArtist blank (or use a placeholder such as <Various artists>), and have varying and/or multiple Artist tags. Compilation albums will require this approach in any case.
These aren't compilation albums. Both (or even more in a few cases) appear on every single track. I have some Albums consisting of Trios that don't have a name of the Trio, just 3 players. They are all AlbumArtists in my (probably misguided) way of thinking, and also are all Artists.

Use mp3tag (or puddletag which I use instead) to make a mass change in my logic would not be trivial, since I would want to check every single instance on over 25,000 tracks to make sure I wasn't creating duplicate Artist tags.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: AlbumArtist Issues - creates more Albums - Pastim - 27-09-2014 11:47

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)