Post Reply 
Sound quality comparison
29-08-2014, 20:32
Post: #33
RE: Sound quality comparison
(29-08-2014 19:28)krutsch Wrote:  They do. There are device-specific XML files that define a device profile, which includes (among other things) the ability to define what is / isn't supported by the renderer. I've edited these in the past to make minor adjustments to make my old Denon or Sony renderers work better, but it's been awhile since I played around with editing these files.

To see an example how this can be done to transcode video, based on the device (renderer) type, see here: http://twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10682

Again, you know more about this than I do, so it may be that this approach is going down the wrong alley.

Thanks for the pointer. Are you sure that in this example Twonky is selecting the transcoding target based on PS3 being the renderer rather than PS3 being the control point?

An audio example would be more useful from my point of view because I could attempt to recreate it and see what protocol is being sent on the wire. I don't play video (transcoded or not).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Sound quality comparison - best - 22-08-2014, 09:14
RE: Sound quality comparison - best - 25-08-2014, 09:08
RE: Sound quality comparison - JimR - 25-08-2014, 12:09
RE: Sound quality comparison - simoncn - 29-08-2014 20:32

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)