Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setup Queries
09-09-2013, 20:05
Setup Queries
I have installed MS on my Synology NAS after hearing about it in the Linn Forums and am using it to browse a collection of about 4500 albums. I like to access my files solely by Album Artist, which appears to equate to Artist on MS. I have managed to get the albums sorted without "The", but there are three additional things I would like to do, which I am struggling with:

1. When I access the library I get 4 fields (no. of albums, no. of tracks, artist and folder view). Can I change the order in which these are displayed, and is it possible to get rid of folder view altogether?

2. re the above is it possible to change the descriptor Artist to Album Artist without affecting the sort of the files?

3.Is it possible to add a field showing newly added albums?

Many thanks
Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 20:45
RE: Setup Queries
(09-09-2013 20:05)Tyke Wrote:  I have installed MS on my Synology NAS after hearing about it in the Linn Forums and am using it to browse a collection of about 4500 albums. I like to access my files solely by Album Artist, which appears to equate to Artist on MS. I have managed to get the albums sorted without "The", but there are three additional things I would like to do, which I am struggling with:

1. When I access the library I get 4 fields (no. of albums, no. of tracks, artist and folder view). Can I change the order in which these are displayed, and is it possible to get rid of folder view altogether?

At present, you can't change, reorder or omit the selection entries that start with a number or the '[' character. This is on my to-do list as a requested enhancement for a future release. All other selection entries can be changed, reordered or omitted using the indexTags property.

Quote:2. re the above is it possible to change the descriptor Artist to Album Artist without affecting the sort of the files?

If your files are tagged with AlbumArtist and you want to see an index entry named AlbumArtist for these tags, you should remove Artist from the indexTags property and replace it with AlbumArtist.

Note that the tag 'Album Artist' (with a space) isn't the same as AlbumArtist (without a space). If you do as I have suggested above, any files tagged with 'Album Artist' instead of 'AlbumArtist' will be treated as if they had 'AlbumArtist' tags.

Quote:3.Is it possible to add a field showing newly added albums?

This is also on my to-do list as a requested enhancement for a future release.

Quote:Many thanks
Chris

You're most welcome. One small request: because of the common usage of MS as an abbreviation for the name of a large software company, I'd prefer that people don't use it as an abbreviation for MinimServer. Thanks!

Simon
09-09-2013, 21:01
RE: Setup Queries
(09-09-2013 20:45)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 20:05)Tyke Wrote:  I have installed MS on my Synology NAS after hearing about it in the Linn Forums and am using it to browse a collection of about 4500 albums. I like to access my files solely by Album Artist, which appears to equate to Artist on MS. I have managed to get the albums sorted without "The", but there are three additional things I would like to do, which I am struggling with:

At present, you can't change, reorder or omit the selection entries that start with a number or the '[' character. This is on my to-do list as a requested enhancement for a future release. All other selection entries can be changed, reordered or omitted using the indexTags property.

Quote:2. re the above is it possible to change the descriptor Artist to Album Artist without affecting the sort of the files?

If your files are tagged with AlbumArtist and you want to see an index entry named AlbumArtist for these tags, you should remove Artist from the indexTags property and replace it with AlbumArtist.

Note that the tag 'Album Artist' (with a space) isn't the same as AlbumArtist (without a space). If you do as I have suggested above, any files tagged with 'Album Artist' instead of 'AlbumArtist' will be treated as if they had 'AlbumArtist' tags.

Quote:3.Is it possible to add a field showing newly added albums?

This is also on my to-do list as a requested enhancement for a future release.

Quote:Many thanks
Chris

You're most welcome. One small request: because of the common usage of MS as an abbreviation for the name of a large software company, I'd prefer that people don't use it as an abbreviation for MinimServer. Thanks!

Simon

Thanks for the quick response. I have made note of your preferences! I think this is an exciting project, which hopefully will mature into a great product. For now as there are a few features lacking, I am using it alongside Asset UPNP, but I hope to have it soon as my sole server as I prefer to have the server directly on the NAS.
I have made a small donation in recognition of what you have achieved, and will certainly donate again if the software continues to develop along the lines you indicate.
Again, many thanks!

Regards
Chris