Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot read Minimserver music library
02-09-2013, 15:26
RE: Cannot read Minimserver music library
Peter@57m, GOOD NEWS!

I think I've found a way to resolve this!

After restarting the NAS and reinstall the minim server, also rename the displayName of your minim server under "properties" of minim watch. In my case, I've renamed it from MinimServer[QNAPTS212] to MinimServer[QNAP]. Reselect the new renamed minim server in Lumin App (probably need to wait for a little while before Lumin can detect the new remained server) and reload, BINGO! Everything works just fine as the old days. I've also informed Lumin in HK (Pixel Magic) and see whether they can find a way to address this issue in future release of Lumin App.

Hope these helps!

ima2gine
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2013, 22:42
(02-09-2013 08:58)siuwang Wrote:  Peter@57m,
QNAP 459Pro+ have 2 port, did you use both of them? if you do, you might want to add ohnet.subnet setting for your MinimServer.

The recommendation to do this is specific to Synology NAS models with 2 ports. I haven't had any reports of problems from users of QNAP NAS models with 2 ports.
02-09-2013, 23:05
(02-09-2013 15:26)ima2gine Wrote:  Peter@57m, GOOD NEWS!

I think I've found a way to resolve this!

After restarting the NAS and reinstall the minim server, also rename the displayName of your minim server under "properties" of minim watch. In my case, I've renamed it from MinimServer[QNAPTS212] to MinimServer[QNAP]. Reselect the new renamed minim server in Lumin App (probably need to wait for a little while before Lumin can detect the new remained server) and reload, BINGO! Everything works just fine as the old days. I've also informed Lumin in HK (Pixel Magic) and see whether they can find a way to address this issue in future release of Lumin App.

Hope these helps!

ima2gine

Thank you for the info - unfortunately did not work for me. Exactly the same symptoms as before Sad

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
03-09-2013, 05:26
Peter@57m, don't give up yet. Have you delete and re-install Lumin app as well, I guess there must be some cache/buffer data prevents Lumin app to read the contents of minim server. Also, it takes a long while to scan the new renamed server. If that can be done, the process of loading the album is fast, say less than 2 mins for my 300 albums. But the process of displaying the songs is much longer.
03-09-2013, 08:01
Yes I did delete the Lumin app as well as Java and MinimServer on the QNAP before reinstalling everything.
I think in my case its something to do with the NAS or the network as both MinimServer and Twonky on the NAS are slow to discover and sometimes I have to shut Kinsky on iPad or Windows PC for them to show up.
The network all looks fine, I have assigned static IP addresses for most clients. I don't seem to have any connection problems or any issues with network traffic.
I don't know how to check services like MinimServer and Twonky though other than trying to use Kinsky or Lumin.
I will continue to play when I'm not too frustrated.

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
03-09-2013, 15:46
One last remark, I have disabled Twonky in QNAP setup but leaving iTunes server, media library, DLNA server on. Good luck!