Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some questions about the minimserver
20-07-2013, 16:08
Some questions about the minimserver
Hello together,

first, sorry for my bad english, i'm german and did not often write in this language.

Today i have searched an alternative for the default mediaserver on a synology NAS (212j), because in combination with 3 ROKU Soundbrigdes the sort order of albums with more than one cd and of course tags therefor like "1/3" i found minimserver and it works fine at the moment, because here the sorting on this devices is correct. I also use the "MinimWatch"-software on my pc to configure the MinimServer on my NAS.

Actually i have some trouble understanding how and especially where to configure the minimserver.

When i start the ROKU Soundbrigde, choose the MinimServer and also choose "browse" (i hope it's a correct translation for the german "Blättern"), it shows a list like

1612 albums
27476 items
Alben
Interpret
Datum
Genre
Alle Interpreten

As you see i translated the "indexTags" like "Album:Alben, Artist:Interpret", but is it possible to change also the "xxxx albums" to "xxxx Alben" and "xxxxx items" to "xxxxx Titel" ?

Then i browse to one of the albums which has more than one cd and also is tagged as a "compilation" (if it is important for minimserver), the sorting is correct. But when i play a file on the Soundbrigde, the first line there shows the title, the second one the artist, but not only the artist of the song actually is playing, it seems that behind there scrolls than a list of the other artists on this cd. Can i change this, i only want to see the artist of this title!

I also have some warnings in my logfile like

Warning: conflicting ALBUM tag value Living in a Box ignored for file Living In A Box/Living In A Box/02 Love Is The Art.mp3

I have found here in the forum that there are more than one id3tag definitions for "album", but no i have used iTunes, MP3Tag and other tools to change this, but nothing works! Every software shows only one album-tag, i removed them and tagged it again, choosing as an example only write id3v2 etc., but really nothing works. How can i correct this issue?

I hope my questions are not too much for my first post here and also want to thank for your help.

kind regards
Alhifi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2013, 17:14
RE: Some questions about the minimserver
(20-07-2013 16:08)Alhifi Wrote:  Hello together,

first, sorry for my bad english, i'm german and did not often write in this language.

Welcome to the MinimServer forum! See inline below for answers to your questions.

Quote:As you see i translated the "indexTags" like "Album:Alben, Artist:Interpret", but is it possible to change also the "xxxx albums" to "xxxx Alben" and "xxxxx items" to "xxxxx Titel" ?

This is not configurable in the current release of MinimServer. It is a planned enhancement for a future release.

Quote:Then i browse to one of the albums which has more than one cd and also is tagged as a "compilation" (if it is important for minimserver), the sorting is correct. But when i play a file on the Soundbrigde, the first line there shows the title, the second one the artist, but not only the artist of the song actually is playing, it seems that behind there scrolls than a list of the other artists on this cd. Can i change this, i only want to see the artist of this title!

I suggest you try adding the following setting to the tagCustom property:

-AlbumArtist.display.artistRole

Quote:I also have some warnings in my logfile like

Warning: conflicting ALBUM tag value Living in a Box ignored for file Living In A Box/Living In A Box/02 Love Is The Art.mp3

I have found here in the forum that there are more than one id3tag definitions for "album", but no i have used iTunes, MP3Tag and other tools to change this, but nothing works! Every software shows only one album-tag, i removed them and tagged it again, choosing as an example only write id3v2 etc., but really nothing works. How can i correct this issue?

This is normally caused by having multiple ID3 tags in the same file, with different Album values. Most tagging software looks at the first tag only and doesn't show values from the second or later tags. MinimServer looks at all the tags. In this case I would guess that the first tag value is 'Living In A Box' (uppercase 'In A') and the second tag value is 'Living in a Box' (lowercase 'in a').

Quote:I hope my questions are not too much for my first post here and also want to thank for your help.

kind regards
Alhifi

You're very welcome!
21-07-2013, 10:54
Hi simonnc,

thank you for your quick and detailed answer!!

simoncn Wrote:This is not configurable in the current release of MinimServer. It is a planned enhancement for a future release.

Would be a very nice feature, thank you ...

simoncn Wrote:I suggest you try adding the following setting to the tagCustom property:

-AlbumArtist.display.artistRole

Yeah, this works fine now, thank you!

simoncn Wrote:This is normally caused by having multiple ID3 tags in the same file, with different Album values. Most tagging software looks at the first tag only and doesn't show values from the second or later tags. MinimServer looks at all the tags. In this case I would guess that the first tag value is 'Living In A Box' (uppercase 'In A') and the second tag value is 'Living in a Box' (lowercase 'in a').

Ok, i have opened one of the files with the windows function "lister" and type "binary" and found the strings, you're right! If i see it right, there are tags like TIT2 in it, but i'm not able to remove them using tools like mp3tag, especially with functions like "remove all tags" or "merge tags" or stuff like this, i'm very confused at the moment. Did you know software to remove this?

kind regards
Alhifi
21-07-2013, 18:13
(21-07-2013 10:54)Alhifi Wrote:  Ok, i have opened one of the files with the windows function "lister" and type "binary" and found the strings, you're right! If i see it right, there are tags like TIT2 in it, but i'm not able to remove them using tools like mp3tag, especially with functions like "remove all tags" or "merge tags" or stuff like this, i'm very confused at the moment. Did you know software to remove this?

kind regards
Alhifi

You can do this with dBpoweramp. See this post.
22-07-2013, 19:32 (This post was last modified: 22-07-2013 19:33 by Alhifi.)
Hi Simon,

thank you again for your quick response!

(21-07-2013 18:13)simoncn Wrote:  You can do this with dBpoweramp. See this post.

Meanwhile i have found another little tool named "ID3Remover" ...

I have finally two questions:

How described in the first post i have menu items like

1612 albums
27476 items
Alben
Interpret
Datum
Genre
Alle Interpreten

Here are "1612 albums" and "Alben" simply the same, so is it possible to switch the first two off, so that my menu would be completely in german?

The other one is:

Is it possible to generate menu-items for playlists, which are dynamicly generated by MinimServer like "Show me all titles with Genre = Pop and Year > 1979 and Year < 1990" to get all Pop-Songs from the 80ties?

Bye
Alhifi
22-07-2013, 22:14
(22-07-2013 19:32)Alhifi Wrote:  How described in the first post i have menu items like

1612 albums
27476 items
Alben
Interpret
Datum
Genre
Alle Interpreten

Here are "1612 albums" and "Alben" simply the same, so is it possible to switch the first two off, so that my menu would be completely in german?

No, they are not the same. The '1612 albums' selection shows a flat list of albums with no further index selections possible. The 'Alben' selection shows a MinimServer index selection grouped by album name, with the possibility of making further index selections after selecting an album name. For example, if an album contains multiple Genres or multiple Artists (or any other indexed tag value), these will show up as index selections after you select the album from the 'Alben' index.

It isn't possible to remove the '1612 albums' or '27476 items' selections.

Quote:The other one is:

Is it possible to generate menu-items for playlists, which are dynamicly generated by MinimServer like "Show me all titles with Genre = Pop and Year > 1979 and Year < 1990" to get all Pop-Songs from the 80ties?

Bye
Alhifi

No, this isn't possible. However, indexing by decade will be supported in a future release, so you will be able to do this by making a series of index choices:

Genre > Pop > Date > 1980s
20-12-2015, 18:46
(22-07-2013 22:14)simoncn Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 19:32)Alhifi Wrote:  Is it possible to generate menu-items for playlists, which are dynamicly generated by MinimServer like "Show me all titles with Genre = Pop and Year > 1979 and Year < 1990" to get all Pop-Songs from the 80ties?

No, this isn't possible. However, indexing by decade will be supported in a future release, so you will be able to do this by making a series of index choices:

Genre > Pop > Date > 1980s

Hi again,

because that the thing above was not possible about 2 years ago i have installed mt-daapd (Firefly) to get a sqlite-db from my music-files which i could "ask" to generate the playlists for minimserver. Now 2 years later i have the problem that the mt-daapd is no longer available on my diskstation after updates of the DSM-versions :-(. So actually i'm in hope to realize the generation of the playlist-files using Minimserver itself, so the question is: Is it now possible to create m3u-files from the minimserver-database or is it possible to create them dynamicly ?

bye
Alhifi
20-12-2015, 18:53
(20-12-2015 18:46)Alhifi Wrote:  Hi again,

because that the thing above was not possible about 2 years ago i have installed mt-daapd (Firefly) to get a sqlite-db from my music-files which i could "ask" to generate the playlists for minimserver. Now 2 years later i have the problem that the mt-daapd is no longer available on my diskstation after updates of the DSM-versions :-(. So actually i'm in hope to realize the generation of the playlist-files using Minimserver itself, so the question is: Is it now possible to create m3u-files from the minimserver-database or is it possible to create them dynamicly ?

bye
Alhifi

You would need to create your .m3u files using some other tool such as PlaylistCreator. MinimServer can read .m3u files but it can't create them.

Indexing by decade is now available in MinimServer.
20-12-2015, 23:15
Hi again and thanks for your quick answer ...

Minimserver is running on a Synology Diskstation DS212j NAS and really working fine.

I have created my .m3u files as an example with the following command directly on the Diskstation:

sqlite3 songs3.db 'select path from songs where album like "Rock Christmas Vol%" order by album,disc,track' > Christmas-Rock.m3u8

The songs3.db ist the database from the no longer existing Firefly-Mediaserver, which i only have used to read the ID3tags from the music files and save the information in this songs3.db. After that i created the .m3u-file(s) with the command above, i have more of them in one script.

I think Minimserver stores the information also in a database, so i think it must be possible to access that with something like the executable sqlite3 command above, so it would be fine if someone could explain what kind of database minimserver is using and if there is a way to do something like the thing above ... or the minimserver itself could do something like that.

bye
Alhifi
20-12-2015, 23:25
(20-12-2015 23:15)Alhifi Wrote:  Hi again and thanks for your quick answer ...

Minimserver is running on a Synology Diskstation DS212j NAS and really working fine.

I have created my .m3u files as an example with the following command directly on the Diskstation:

sqlite3 songs3.db 'select path from songs where album like "Rock Christmas Vol%" order by album,disc,track' > Christmas-Rock.m3u8

The songs3.db ist the database from the no longer existing Firefly-Mediaserver, which i only have used to read the ID3tags from the music files and save the information in this songs3.db. After that i created the .m3u-file(s) with the command above, i have more of them in one script.

I think Minimserver stores the information also in a database, so i think it must be possible to access that with something like the executable sqlite3 command above, so it would be fine if someone could explain what kind of database minimserver is using and if there is a way to do something like the thing above ... or the minimserver itself could do something like that.

bye
Alhifi

MinimServer doesn't use a database. If you are using MinimServer, you would need to browse the MinimServer library using a UPnP control point to select the songs you want and then play them.