Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
license problem
04-04-2022, 03:49
license problem
I have a paid license and I'm building a new server. The licence is valid and it says I'm using 1 of 3 activations...

I cannot for the life of me get the starter edition unlocked on my new server. Surely I don't have to deactivate my old server license to enable the new one do I???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2022, 09:31
RE: license problem
You can have up to 3 devices activated for your full license at the same time. What is happening when you try to activate the license on a second device? For example, do you get an error message? If so, what does this message say?
04-04-2022, 14:43
(04-04-2022 09:31)simoncn Wrote:  You can have up to 3 devices activated for your full license at the same time. What is happening when you try to activate the license on a second device? For example, do you get an error message? If so, what does this message say?

It gives the license info eg when it expires in 2023, and says you are using activation one of three, and asks if I want to extend.

But when I look at installing ministreamer the install button is grayed out and at one point it says I'm using starter edition.

I am in the middle of building the server and it won't be back running for a few hours so I can't quote the exact message but I've entered my info several times and still the activation doesn't work.
04-04-2022, 14:54
You are looking at the wrong page for activating the license. You need to go to the MinimServer configuration web page on the device running MinimServer. From this page, select the License tab and then select Activate full license, just as you did when you activated the license on your other server.
04-04-2022, 20:51
Simon, that is exactly what I did the first time.

Anyways, the new server is running again and this time I was able to activate the license.

Gremlins!

Thanks, Dale