Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco and dac connections
01-04-2022, 16:57
Melco and dac connections
Hi

I have a Melco N1ZS/2 Digital Music Library (2TB) running 3.93 firmware and am having problems with the Melco "seeing" the DAC (Mark Levinson 585) on the Melco App.

I have had this problem before and turning both the amp and Melco off and disconnecting and reconnecting usb cable has fixed this. This time I have done this numerable times and followed the guidance on the Melco FAQ - no success. The drives are available on the network (ie you can see and play the music on a pc from the Melco) and Minimserver is visible on the Melco app- the actual Melco device is just not available.

Not sure if this is a coincidence but just started running minimwatch but I dont think this is the cause of the problem - although it would be good to see its features
Any advice would be appreciated

Malcolm Rand
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2022, 10:05
RE: Melco and dac connections
This problem is not related to running MinimWatch.

This is a UPnP multicast discovery problem. There is some information about this on this page although many of the suggestions there will not apply to you as you are not experiencing problems seeing MinimServer. One suggestion there that might get you going for now is to power off and on all your network devices, including the router.

Multicast discovery problems are often caused by your router. With some routers it is possible to fix this by changing a router configuration setting (disable IGMP snooping). What router do you have?
02-04-2022, 10:27
Hi Simon

Thanks for the reply - I will follow your suggestions and others on the forum - the router is Huawei DG8041W-2.t5
02-04-2022, 10:53
I haven't been able to find any information online about configuration settings for this router. Sad
02-04-2022, 10:53
One further point which may be relevant is that the Melco is connected via ethernet cables using power lines (these have worked previously). No other switches
02-04-2022, 11:00
No it seems there is a guide to switching it on but nothing about turning it off ?-

https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en...-functions
02-04-2022, 11:23
Accessing the router via IP address there is a IGMP configuration page

Enable IGMP: Yes
IGMP Mode: Proxy
Enable Bridge WAN Proxy: No
PPPoE WAN Proxy Mode: PPPoE
PPPoE WAN Snooping Mode: IPoEAndPPPoE
IGMP Proxy version V3

Meaningless to me.........
02-04-2022, 14:47
Thanks for all this information.

Some powerline adapters don't work reliably with UPnP. The best way to check this is to replace them temporarily with a long Ethernet cable. I have a 15m cable that I use for this type of testing.

The manual link you posted appears to relate to other Huawei router model numbers. On your router, I suggest you set Enable IGMP to No. This might disable IGMP snooping. IGMP proxy is something different and is not relevant to the issue you are seeing.
02-04-2022, 17:11
Simon

Thanks - altered the router settings but still no joy. One further thing - switched to Twonky and still unable to play anything - highlight a song and press enter but just goes back to album track listing .......

Thanks anyway
02-04-2022, 21:29
Have you tried powering everything off and on?