Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer rescan?
17-01-2022, 10:37
MinimServer rescan?
If I rip a CD via a Melco D100-B to a Melco HA-N1ZH60-EU does the rip process cause a rescan of MinimServer which runs on the HA-N1ZH60-EU?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2022, 10:58
RE: MinimServer rescan?
After making any changes to your music library (including ripping a CD), you need to do a MinimServer manual rescan.
22-02-2022, 10:02
(17-01-2022 10:58)simoncn Wrote:  After making any changes to your music library (including ripping a CD), you need to do a MinimServer manual rescan.

Ah-ha. Changes to one's music library require a manual rescan. OK.

The issue I'm facing is that I've pinned some M3U playlists on my NAS and these serve as internet radio shortcuts on my (Linn DS) player. Every time I do a rescan it rejigs everything and those shortcuts end up broken. E.g. Playing my BBC Radio 3 shortcut ends up playing the BBC R4 shortcut and vice versa.

Is there a way around this please?
Thank you.
22-02-2022, 11:20
How did you create these Pins and how do you select them? For example, are you creating and selecting the Pins using a control point app such as Kazoo or the Linn app?
22-02-2022, 11:22
(22-02-2022 11:20)simoncn Wrote:  How did you create these Pins and how do you select them? For example, are you creating and selecting the Pins using a control point app such as Kazoo or the Linn app?

Exactly that, Simon. Using the Linn (iOS) control app, I browse my NAS to each M3U playlist and tap the eclipses (three dots) beside each one and save as a Pin.
22-02-2022, 11:57
I am not seeing the Pin option in the Linn app. The "3 dots" menu for a radio station shows Play now, Play, next, Play later, Play from here, Add to playlist and Track information. Is this where I should be looking?

I have added the radio station to a playlist in the Linn app. This playlist shows the radio station but doesn't give me an option to create a Pin.

I am logged into my Linn account.

A step-by-step guide would be helpful. Also, are you creating a Pin for a complete .m3u file or for a single entry in the .m3u file?
22-02-2022, 13:04 (This post was last modified: 22-02-2022 15:20 by tommyrot.)
Music RE: MinimServer rescan?
(22-02-2022 11:57)simoncn Wrote:  I am not seeing the Pin option in the Linn app. The "3 dots" menu for a radio station shows Play now, Play, next, Play later, Play from here, Add to playlist and Track information. Is this where I should be looking?

I have added the radio station to a playlist in the Linn app. This playlist shows the radio station but doesn't give me an option to create a Pin.

I am logged into my Linn account.

A step-by-step guide would be helpful. Also, are you creating a Pin for a complete .m3u file or for a single entry in the .m3u file?

Hi Simon,
Unless I'm missing something it's not possible to upload images to a thread post here unless it's accessible via a URL, so I'll outline the steps below:

Saving/Updating Pins
1. Launch Linn (ios app)
2. Tap Browse (from the bottom) – this should take you to the top-level NAS structure made available by MinimServer
3. Tap on Folder view. (Here I've created a folder called Radio. Inside this folder is a single M3U for each radio station I want to play/pin. These are, in effect, tracks. See below example of content of each M3U.)
4. Beside each M3U/track there are three (vertical) dots. Tap this.
5. In the resulting overlay, tap 'Pin Track'.
6. Choose where you'd like to save that pin. You have upto 6 preset positions (1-6).
That's it.

Playing a Pin
1. From Linn (app), tap System
2. Tap on the pin you'd like to play.
That's it.

Example of a single M3U file:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[+R4 Direct] BBC Radio 4 FM
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/man...ourfm.m3u8

Thank you.

Update: Images attached showing how to add pins.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

22-02-2022, 13:39
Thanks for this. You can post any image as a file attachment (see this post).

I followed all your instructions exactly. When I touch the "3 dots" icon, I see only the following selections in the overlay: Play now, Play next, Play later, Add to playlist, Playlist information.
22-02-2022, 13:43
If you don’t use a Linn streamer Pin feature is not usable/available

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

22-02-2022, 15:12
(22-02-2022 13:43)stefano_mbp Wrote:  If you don’t use a Linn streamer Pin feature is not usable/available

This is incorrect. The very image you uploaded specifies the minimum Davaar release to enable pins. I use Minimserver, hence this thread, with a Linn DS and have used pins for some time now.