Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not importing Album titles etc.
15-10-2021, 09:11
Not importing Album titles etc.
I recently downloaded two albums, one from Bandcamp and one from Qobuz. These were by mainstream artists, so nothing obscure. When I transferred the files from PC to Melco via a memory stick, instead of the Melco box looking up the album and artist titles etc. and asking me to confirm the selection prior to import, it simply imported the albums as Track 1, Track 2 etc. I have run a SongKong fix on both and going into the Melco hard drive via my network I can see that the albums are all correctly labelled. Yet they do not appear on my library as presented by Minim Server. The original problem appears to be that the Melco hasn’t automatically searched for the correct information to begin with, as I shouldn’t have to run a Songkong fix on every import. So I don’t know whether this is a Minim Server issue or not. Your help would be very much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2021, 09:52
RE: Not importing Album titles etc.
After adding new files or changing any tags in your files (either manually or with SongKong), you need to do a MinimServer rescan. To do this, use the Melco front panel to select Settings > Music Database > Rescan Songs and Playlists. This will come back with a message saying Finished. This message is misleading as the rescan has not yet finished. (Melco are aware of this issue.)

When the rescan has finished, you should see the correct contents of your library in your control point app. Which control point app are you using?
15-10-2021, 10:17
(15-10-2021 09:52)simoncn Wrote:  After adding new files or changing any tags in your files (either manually or with SongKong), you need to do a MinimServer rescan. To do this, use the Melco front panel to select Settings > Music Database > Rescan Songs and Playlists. This will come back with a message saying Finished. This message is misleading as the rescan has not yet finished. (Melco are aware of this issue.)

When the rescan has finished, you should see the correct contents of your library in your control point app. Which control point app are you using?

Thank you for your reply. I'm using it with Naim.
15-10-2021, 11:56
The Naim app should show the new index after the rescan is complete with no further action required. Do not power off the Melco while the rescan is happening.
15-10-2021, 13:33
(15-10-2021 11:56)simoncn Wrote:  The Naim app should show the new index after the rescan is complete with no further action required. Do not power off the Melco while the rescan is happening.

Thank you Simon.

That all works.

Regards

Jeremy