Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Synology DS118 NAS and old playlists
16-09-2021, 10:08
New Synology DS118 NAS and old playlists
Hello,

1)
I just replaced my Synology NAS 213 with a Synology DS118 NAS.
I installed Minimserve 2 on the DS118 NAS because my library is on the NAS.
On my smartphone I installed BubleUpnP (which I already had). Unfortunately it is no longer possible to use the old playlists? Is it possible to update them? And in what way? Sad

2)
I am currently using Minimserver in its Starter version and would like to subscribe for one year. I looked for how to pay without succeeding? Please give me a link?

3)
I had successfully installed MinimWatch a few years ago.
I tried to download the software, but no luck.

There you go ... Not speaking English, I used Google Translate to translate French into English. I hope you will understand me and can give me the answers to the above questions.

I'm counting on you because I really appreciate MinimServer.

Thank you .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2021, 11:29
RE: New Synology DS118 NAS and old playlists
Google Translate has translated your questions very clearly and I hope it will do the same for my answers.

1) If your playlists were created and stored in BubbleUPnP, you need to ask the author of BubbleUPnP for advice about this. MinimServer supports playlists stored on the server as .m3u or .m3u8 files and these server-side playlists will continue to work when your library is moved to a new NAS.

2) The place to start for questions like this is the Quick Start page. This page has a link to the Purchase license page, which has information about prices and a link to the page for purchasing a license.

3) What do you mean by "no luck"? If you had an "error 3" message, this is an issue with your web browser. Try using a different browser such as a recent version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

I have a DS118 and I am very pleased with it. You have made a good choice. Smile
16-09-2021, 20:39
(16-09-2021 11:29)simoncn Wrote:  Google Translate has translated your questions very clearly and I hope it will do the same for my answers.

1) If your playlists were created and stored in BubbleUPnP, you need to ask the author of BubbleUPnP for advice about this. MinimServer supports playlists stored on the server as .m3u or .m3u8 files and these server-side playlists will continue to work when your library is moved to a new NAS.

2) The place to start for questions like this is the Quick Start page. This page has a link to the Purchase license page, which has information about prices and a link to the page for purchasing a license.

3) What do you mean by "no luck"? If you had an "error 3" message, this is an issue with your web browser. Try using a different browser such as a recent version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

I have a DS118 and I am very pleased with it. You have made a good choice. Smile

First of all, I wanted to thank you for your responsiveness.
1)
I just asked the question on the Bubblesoft site and I was advised to install Minimserver
on the nas. I would be able to configure my audio player (renderer) in open home.
2)
Indeed I will buy the license after the trial period.
3)
I finally managed to download and install MinimWatch using the Edge browser.

In fact I also wanted to ensure consistency regarding the installation of the software part
of my stereo which works in network.
- The DS 118 NAS which serves as an audio library on which I installed:
. Synology Media Server server;
. The MinimServer.
- A network drive (renderer) is connected via a switch to the Internet FreeBox
and by Aes Ebu cable to DAC Metrum Hex;
- My smartphone serves as a remote control and on which I installed BubbleUpnp.
Currently I see all my old playlists but unfortunately the links are still pointing
on the old address of the old NAS and are therefore inoperative.
I couldn't find the playlists on the smartphone.
- On my computer I installed MinimWatch which I will test and configure tomorrow morning.

Actually I should be able to make the network drive open-home according to Bubblesoft, but I don't know how to do it.
And I hope that with MinimWatch the playlists will be readable again.

Any answer that can reassure or enlighten me will be welcome.

And thank you again for your advice.

Sauveur
16-09-2021, 22:26
If the playlists are correct except for the IP address of the NAS, you should change the IP address of the new NAS to be the same as the IP address of the old NAS. MinimWatch cannot do this. You need to go into the network configuration pages in DSM and set a static IP address there.
18-09-2021, 17:32
(16-09-2021 22:26)simoncn Wrote:  If the playlists are correct except for the IP address of the NAS, you should change the IP address of the new NAS to be the same as the IP address of the old NAS. MinimWatch cannot do this. You need to go into the network configuration pages in DSM and set a static IP address there.

Again thank you for your advice.

I proceeded to modify the local IP address of the NAS so that it is the same as that of the NAS
as you suggested to me.
Unfortunately the playlists are still unreadable.

I forgot to tell you that on the previous DS 213 NAS I was using MinimServer in version 0.8.53.
The playlists were then readable on BubbleUpnp.

I hope this additional information will allow you to help me.

Otherwise MinimServer is an excellent file server.
18-09-2021, 18:09
In your previous post, you mentioned links to playlists. Please post an example of one of these links. Also, please explain how you originally created the playlists.
18-09-2021, 20:33
(18-09-2021 18:09)simoncn Wrote:  In your previous post, you mentioned links to playlists. Please post an example of one of these links. Also, please explain how you originally created the playlists.

The playlists were created from my smartphone in the BubbleUpnp software.
Minimserver (version 0.8.53) was installed in my old Synology DS 213 NAS.
Before changing the NAS I could read the music content without any problem.

In my new Synology NAS, I installed:
. my music library from my backup;
Softwares :
. MinimServer in its new version 2;
. BubbleUpnp Server (so that my Renderer is Open-Home);
. Java 8.
In my smartphone:
. BubbleUpnp which serves as my remote control;
In my computer:
. Java 8;
. MinimWatch.

As I was listening to music, I created Playlists from my smartphone on BubbleUpnp
in which I placed the music of my choice.
Currently it is no longer possible to play music from these playlists.
In addition, the images in the albums are no longer displayed.

I hope I have been precise in my explanations and I am able to send you any other
information because I know that this will allow you to improve MinimServer in its future versions.

Anyway, thank you again for your help.
18-09-2021, 21:10
Thank you for this reply and the detailed information clarifying that the playlists were created by BubbleUPnP and not by MinimServer.

I don't know how BubbleUPnP stores playlsts that it creates or why these playlists don't work when you change to a new NAS. This is why I suggested you should go to the BubbleUPnP forum for advice about this problem. You mentioned links in the playlists pointing to your old NAS but I have not been able to understand where you saw these links or what these links contained.

As I understand it, the response you received from the BubbleUPnP forum was to enable your renderer for OpenHome. You have done this and it hasn't solved the problem with playlists. I can only suggest that you post back to the BubbleUPnP forum explaining that this has not solved the problem and asking for further advice.

As I said in an earlier post, MinimServer supports server-side playlists in .m3u or .m3u8 files. These will continue to work if you move your library to a new NAS or update to a new version of MinimServer. You might want to consider storing your playlists in this format to prevent future problems.
20-09-2021, 15:26
I answered to OP by email.

BubbleUPnP's 'Saved Playlists' are just .dpl files: XML files holding DIDL-Lite items, same format used by Linn Kazoo.

Since it is DIDL-Lite, it contains URL streams pointing to MinimServer. So to keep such playlists working, setting the new NAS to the same ip address and root folder to music than the old NAS should work.
Another solution would be to attribute the UDN of the old MinimServer to the new install of MinimServer (and keeping the root folder path the same). Although I do not think the user can change the UDN of MinimServer.

For cases where on an existing MinimSever install just the ip address of the machine has changed, BubbleUPnP can detect that situation and replace the old ip in stream URLs by the new ip address.
20-09-2021, 16:24
Thanks very much for this. This explains the "links" that the OP mentioned.

The OP has already ensured that the IP address is the same as previously. Perhaps the OP has changed the name of the root folder when doing the new installation. In this case, I presume the solution would be to change this folder name to match the name from the old NAS and the old playlists should now work.

There is no supported way for a user to change the UDN of a MinimServer installation. If an existing MinimServer installation is updated to a later version, the same UDN will continue to be used after the update. In this case, the new installation was on a new machine that had no record of the previous UDN.