Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fail to play DSD 11.2MHz native
09-10-2021, 17:22
RE: Fail to play DSD 11.2MHz native
I have identified the problem in Kazoo that is preventing this from working. I have reported it to Linn and they have logged it. Linn haven't given me any timescale for a fix.

The bug affects .dsf and .dff files. I have asked Linn if any other files are affected but they haven't yet responded.

When a control point (Kazoo, mconnect, etc.) tells a renderer (Matrix, etc.) to play a file, it sends metadata about the file. This metadata should include information about the type of audio in the file. For filetypes like .flac, Kazoo sends this information. For .dsf and .dff, Kazoo doesn't send this information. Other control points such as mconnect always send this information. Other renderers usually play the file either with or without this information.

This is why other control points (mconnect) can play native .dsf and .dff files to the Matrix and why Kazoo can play native .dsf and .dff files to other renderers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2021, 07:32
Thanks for the progress report....!!!!
11-10-2021, 22:49
Linn have told me they are hoping to release a new version of Kazoo with a fix for this in approximately the next two weeks or so.
11-11-2021, 08:47
No news from Linn yet ...???
12-11-2021, 10:27
Linn have just released (yesterday) a beta version of Kazoo with a fix for this problem. I will send you a PM with details of how to access this beta version.
16-11-2021, 13:01
Have you been able to try the Kazoo beta version yet?
18-11-2021, 08:16
Hopefully we will get the beta version installed this weekend ...did Matrix lend you a unit as promised ...??? regards from down under
18-11-2021, 09:05
Yes, I have the loan unit and I have confirmed that the Kazoo beta works correctly with this unit.
21-11-2021, 04:50
Kazoo beta installed here on the 20th and has been working fine with all high res. DSD ....will keep in touch ...Thank You again for your help...!!!!
22-11-2021, 23:23
We have notified Linn (on DSD 11.2 Beta version) , screenshot , that there is a loud popping noise when selecting a new track to "play now" ...otherwise working well ....!!!!