Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC Radio Playlist skipping to next station at same time every day
13-05-2021, 16:11
BBC Radio Playlist skipping to next station at same time every day
Something odd is going on with the way I listen to BBC radio. I have Minimstreamer set up and working pretty much perfectly. I have set up the BBC Radio playlist as described in the documentation, and have BBC 6 Music saved as a favourite in my Yamaha Musiccast app.

As I say, it all works very well, but for some reason at around 3.40pm the station suddenly switches from BBC 6 Music to BBC Asian Network - which is the next item in the playlist. I'm not sure of the precise time, as it happens without any noticable gap or pause. It's only 3-15 minutes later (depending on how focussed I am on work) that it occurs to me that the music playing is atypical of 6 Music :-)

There's nothing in the playlist to tell the Musiccast device how long each playlist item is. It also happens regardless of what time I turned the system on at, so it's not a set time after power-on that it happens.

My guess is that it's a bug or feature in the Musiccast software. Anyone else come across this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2021, 16:40
RE: BBC Radio Playlist skipping to next station at same time every day
Are you using WAV transcoding to listen to the stream? WAV streams have a maximum length and when this is reached the control point would move to the next item in the playlist.

Also, any network glitch that causes the stream to drop might cause the control point to move to the next item. Could there be something in your network setup that is causing a momentary interruption at this time each day?

You could work around this by duplicating the 6 Music playlist entry. Not ideal but perhaps useful as a temporary measure until you have identified the cause of the problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply