Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambridge Audio CXN V2
08-05-2021, 12:20
Cambridge Audio CXN V2
Hi

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum to post this.

I listen to my digital music files on the above, the files themselves are held on a QNAP TS251+

I have a purchased license of Minim installed on the QNAP, and have been gradually working my way through all the music files and tidying up the tags and adding cover images etc, using Mp3Tag.

Everything's been going fine till this week, when both the QNAP and the CXN had firmware updates (not uncommon for the QNAP), but now the CXN is not displaying Minimserver as a source (only listing the NAS per se, as well as the Plex Server also installed on the QNAP).

I can browse to the QNAP directory holding all the files, but the meta data for the indivudla files i've looked at so far are how the CXN defaults to display them, not how I have amended them to look like

This may be nothing to do with Minimserver, but has anyone else had similar problems with their CXN in the last few weeks

The Minimserver on the QNAP is dislaying the correct location for the music files.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

thanks

Simon Hume
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2021, 20:41
RE: Cambridge Audio CXN V2
As a first step, try powering the CXN off and on. If this doesn't solve the problem, try powering your router and any switches off and on.

If neither of these solves the problem, are you able to view the MinimServer configuration web page in a web browser? Are you able to view the MinimServer properties page using MinimWatch?
11-05-2021, 06:39
@simoncn
thanks for your reply
I've always been able to view the Minimserver configuration in a web browser and run the MinimWatch app as well.
I logged a call with Cambridge Audio and they came back with a firmware update which has resolved the problem; i can now see MinimServer listed on the CXN display
11-05-2021, 21:04
Thanks for letting me know.