Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cambridge CXN V2 functionality?
04-06-2021, 08:48
RE: Cambridge CXN V2 functionality?
(03-06-2021 23:06)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I am not sure about the CXN but when using the CA SM6 in combination with bubble server volume control is not possible using an openhome app
Thanks for some more useful information, Peter. I am not surprised about this. Controlling the volume digitally is generally considered bad practice because it involves more processing of the data, which compromises the quality.

(03-06-2021 23:06)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  CA streamers also are not able to play radio streams served by MinimServer
This seems like more of a problem to me because the Minimstreamer streams fully comply with the upnp standard AFAIK. And I use them a lot!

Looks like I need to evaluate more fully.
Marmite.

Server :: RaspberryPi3B+>Minimserver 2
Control : Android>BubbleUPnP / W10>Upplay / W10>Kazoo / iPhone>Kazoo
Renderer: BubbleUPnP Server>Cambridge Audio CXN V2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2021, 17:17
Looks like I need to evaluate more fully.
Marmite.
[/quote]

This might be changed,CA frequently upgrade their products by introducing new firmware. Still, better be sure before buying
04-06-2021, 19:05
The CXNv2 can play .m4a streams and files containing lossless or compressed audio
Confusingly as stefano_mbp has pointed out, an m4a file could contain lossless audio (encoded with the ALAC codec) or compressed audio (encoded with the AAC codec).

JohnT
04-06-2021, 21:39
(03-06-2021 23:06)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  CA streamers also are not able to play radio streams served by MinimServer

There is probably a solution for this by changing some MinimStreamer settings. Would anyone with a CA streamer who is having this issue be willing to work with me to find a solution?
05-06-2021, 12:22 (This post was last modified: 05-06-2021 12:29 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(04-06-2021 21:39)simoncn Wrote:  

There is probably a solution for this by changing some MinimStreamer settings. Would anyone with a CA streamer who is having this issue be willing to work with me to find a solution?
I was referring to this item: https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread...ht=martinw
I am willing to do some tests, but does it make sense to do this with a outdated StreamMagic 6V1 (2012)?
05-06-2021, 12:46
Thanks for the pointer. For a renderer that uses byte-range requests, no solution or workaround is possible at present.
05-06-2021, 13:06 (This post was last modified: 05-06-2021 13:11 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(05-06-2021 12:46)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for the pointer. For a renderer that uses byte-range requests, no solution or workaround is possible at present.
Since all CA streamers are designed to work on what they call the "StreamMagic platform" is seems logic that also the new CA streamers (851N,CXNV2 and the Edge) are not able to play radio streams served by MinimServer?
05-06-2021, 18:38
This is not the case. I'm not sure about the previous CXN streamer, but the CXNv2 (and presumably the premium Edge series) most certainly can stream from Minim Server. However, I normally use the inbuilt functionality in the android apps (the older Cambridge Connect app and the current StreamMagic app) where you can create shortcuts to your favourite stations.

In order to stream internet radio via MinimServer, this requires an m3U file containing the URLs of the streams to be present in your MinimServer folder structure.

To play radio streams via minim server, I created a new content directory called ‘BBC Radio’ containing the m3u file and a jpg image of the radio station logo. Using either app, a new folder named “1 playlist” appears in the initial list of search options. Selecting this allows you to browse and select a radio station to play.

Hope this helps.

JohnT
05-06-2021, 22:11
Thanks for confirming this. Can you post the .m3u file that you used?
06-06-2021, 10:28
Hi Simon. I can't remember now where I found these details back in early 2018. The URLs still work but may become obsolete :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/ent...8ce549108c

.m3u  BBC Radio DASH.m3u (Size: 1.75 KB / Downloads: 15)

JohnT