Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
info files not always accessible
05-04-2021, 13:03
info files not always accessible
Hello,

I have recently added some new audio files to my collection.

It is a complete set of Shostakovich symphonies.
My directory structure is basically
Shared_Music/Classical/<composer>/<album>

In the case of the complete symphonies, I have:
Shared_Music/Classical/Shostakovich/Shostakovich-The-Complete-Symphonies/<CDn>

Even though each of the CDn directories has a folder.pdf file, the digital booklet is not shown in the properties on BubblePNP controller. It works for my pre-existing albums.

Additionally, I have a number of the Shostakovich symphonies by different orchestras and conductors. I have added tags for both of these but when I, say click on Shostakovich Symphony No. 1, I do not get, as I expected, a another level of choices for conductor and orchestra. Instead it immediately selects the last audio file changed.

I don't get this behaviour where I have multiple recordings of a work elsewhere.

Is it something to do with the directory structure I have chosen?

I get no indication of any problem in the log file.

minimserver-2.0.18
minimserver-update-191

Regards
Trevor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2021, 13:47
RE: info files not always accessible
Did you do a rescan after adding these folder.pdf files?

Does each CDn folder contain exactly one complete symphony?
05-04-2021, 15:27
Hello Simon,

Yes I have rescanned many times as I have tried different ideas.

No, some CDs have more than 1 symphony. I have individual symphonies to individual groups. No symphony spans more than 1 CD. The merging of the CDs seems to work properly. I get the total of all symphonies from every CD if I select the entire album.
06-04-2021, 19:55 (This post was last modified: 06-04-2021 19:57 by simoncn.)
How are you trying to access the folder.pdf file for a group? For your other symphonies that do show folder.pdf files, are these also tagged as groups?

Is "Shostakovich Symphony No. 1" tagged as Work? If so, are you sure your other recordings of this symphony have an identical Work tag? Are you selecting this symphony from the Work index?

For multiple symphonies in the same folder, how do you handle this with a single folder.pdf file? Does this folder.pdf file describe the complete set of symphonies?

Does the "album" you have referred to represent the complete set of symphonies or one of the CDs?
03-05-2021, 18:10
Hello Simon,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. I was very busy and then ended up in hospital. I am now recovering on holiday and have got back to looking at my tagging. I have found the problem of the multiple versions of the same symphony by different conductors not being listed separately. I use a composition rather than work tag (I should have used work its less typing!) and I had included periods after No. and Op. on some composition tags and not others.

However, I am still unable to read the info files from the complete Shostakovich symphonies.

The set of symphonies is in a directory named Shostakovich-The-Complete-Symphonies and this has subdirectories CD1 - CD11, one for each CD in the set. Within each CDn subdirectory I have the file folder.pdf. It is exactly the same content in each file, a booklet covering all of the symphonies and CDs.

Thanks for your help,
Trevor
03-05-2021, 21:15
I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I have tried this and it is working for me. I have an album with multiple CDs in separate folders. Each CD folder contains multiple groups and each CD folder contains a folder.pdf file. When I select "Show metadata" in BubbleUPnP for any of these groups, I see a Desc. field with a link to the digital booklet. All CDs are tagged as part of the same album. Is this what you are doing?

If the above doesn't provide any clues, can you simplify the scenario? For example, you could start with one folder containing one symphony. Is this working? If so, does it still work when you add a second folder?
17-05-2021, 10:40
Hello Simon,

The problem is resolved.

I changed the tagging a bit. I tagged the whole of the multi-disc album as a single composition and used the group tag to identify the individual works. The info files then became available. I don't think what I have done should have fixed the problem so I suspect I had some sort of error in the tagging which I could not spot before I made the changes.

Many thanks for your help
Trevor
17-05-2021, 21:07
Thanks for letting me know.