Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synology NAS not playing
17-03-2021, 13:55
Synology NAS not playing
I'm trying to get my Synology NAS to play music or radio streams with no success. I need some help in trying to figure out the issue. I have attached a log file from this AM when I tried to play a track from my collect. Any guidance would be most helpful...

Attached File(s)
.pdf  MinimServer_031721.pdf (Size: 34.28 KB / Downloads: 6)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2021, 14:23
RE: Synology NAS not playing
(17-03-2021 13:55)aspaceintime Wrote:  I'm trying to get my Synology NAS to play music or radio streams with no success. I need some help in trying to figure out the issue. I have attached a log file from this AM when I tried to play a track from my collect. Any guidance would be most helpful...
I can stream from the audio station app via Bluetooth on my iPad just fine. It's only when trying to play from my Mac...
17-03-2021, 16:07 (This post was last modified: 17-03-2021 16:07 by simoncn.)
MinimServer receives a request from the renderer and starts to stream the audio. The renderer immediately closes the connection. There is no problem on the MinimServer side. This happens a few times. Has this worked previously?
17-03-2021, 16:55
(17-03-2021 16:07)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer receives a request from the renderer and starts to stream the audio. The renderer immediately closes the connection. There is no problem on the MinimServer side. This happens a few times. Has this worked previously?
Yes, it worked a while back. It quit after a DSM update. It's not a big deal because I have other ways to play music but it's been on my to do list to fix. I will call Synology and see what they say.
17-03-2021, 21:10
(17-03-2021 16:55)aspaceintime Wrote:  
(17-03-2021 16:07)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer receives a request from the renderer and starts to stream the audio. The renderer immediately closes the connection. There is no problem on the MinimServer side. This happens a few times. Has this worked previously?
Yes, it worked a while back. It quit after a DSM update. It's not a big deal because I have other ways to play music but it's been on my to do list to fix. I will call Synology and see what they say.
Ok, I did some more playing around; I went to the Audio Station app and instead of playing via the Media Server tab, I tried using the My Music folder which played without issue. I then tried to remove the transcoding from minim server and tried to play from the media server on the NAS with no luck. Any suggestions??
17-03-2021, 21:54
The log you posted didn't show any transcoding. When you play from My Music, you are not using UPnP to stream the audio data. I don't use Synology Audio Station and I don't have any suggestions for how to make it work with UPnP streaming. Perhaps someone who uses Synology Audio Station can provide some assistance.
17-03-2021, 22:52
So it's working now; I tweaked one setting to play MP3 instead of WAV in Audio Station and then rebooted my DAC, my Mac and my NAS. Not sure what the issue was but it's streaming as designed.
Thanks Big GrinBig Grin