Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using app with minimserver
09-08-2020, 11:45
RE: Using app with minimserver
(08-08-2020 22:59)janamdo Wrote:  Alandbush you did not answer my question : what is allow miniserver to "work" exactly ? ( for you)
My apologies for the confusion. For MinimServer to "work" it should be allowed to send and receive communication from other software/apps. In your instance it should appear consistently within your Audionet app.

(08-08-2020 22:59)janamdo Wrote:  Before we go further with this
Because after i followed your setup : the minimserver is still not showing up in my app aMM from audionet
If your AVG firewall rules are the same as those in my earlier attached document, it would suggest the issue lies elsewhere.
To avoid any confusion a screenshot of your application and packet rules would be helpful.

Nb - my Windows pc is 64 bit, so the location of Javaw.exe will be different if your pc is 32 bit.
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2020, 11:50 (This post was last modified: 09-08-2020 11:52 by janamdo.)
Thanks
I am also using windows 64 bit
You mention now the location of Javaw.exe .. has this Jawaw.exe something to do with your pdf's about configuring AVG ?
09-08-2020, 13:08
(09-08-2020 11:50)janamdo Wrote:  You mention now the location of Javaw.exe .. has this Jawaw.exe something to do with your pdf's about configuring AVG ?

Yes, look at page 3 'Packet rules'.
The Javaw.exe path is specified on this page having been setup via the associated Application rule.
09-08-2020, 13:39 (This post was last modified: 09-08-2020 13:39 by janamdo.)
Thanks
It is the same path i am using as yours for Jawa.exe
BUT you have auto-decide for Default Rule for direction in/out
If i set this option the same then…. it closed the connection by Block (Action ) and the lights are not all 5 lit anymore

With "Allow"instead of auto-decide ..the 5 lights go off and when activate again the 5 lights for connection the applicationrule : default rule is set on Block

So when internet in/out allow there is a Default Rule what blocks in/out
09-08-2020, 13:48 (This post was last modified: 09-08-2020 13:52 by janamdo.)
Ok i corrected this blocking and set "autodecide" as option in the mainscreen with the lights
Now in the packet rules is autodecide action for a default rule

But it seems that now "autodecide" ...decides to block also => the application is controlled by the custom packed rules => lights on i set (activate )=> then default rule = blocking

Something is blocking and during all this handling the rules the audionet app is showing up in the app ?
09-08-2020, 14:19
it seems that if the AVG configuration setup is working on your windows 64 bit computer and not on mine same windows 64 computer that it has something to do with the network setup ?
Well the app must receive a SEARCH signal.
10-08-2020, 09:55 (This post was last modified: 10-08-2020 09:57 by janamdo.)
Seems to be a dead end the AVG antivirus scanner for a working app with minimserver, so..
@simoncn
"I would still like to know whether the OP can get MinimServer working without AVG as there might be some other issue that is specific to his/her system."

Ok let me remove AVG
10-08-2020, 10:07
Ok, removed AVG and a message for entrance for the firewall to java , so it is not blocked
But no minimserver is showing up on the Phone app

Is the same as with the AVG anti virus working

I am not a network expert, but don't know how the minim music server gets a search signal and send a signal to the phone app.
10-08-2020, 11:20
Reinstalled AVG antivirus again
configuration AVG
10-08-2020, 11:47
Please check your settings in the Windows firewall.

1) Open the main firewall page. Your home network should appear under Active private networks.

2) Click Advanced settings, then Inbound Rules. Scroll down to Java (TM) Platform SE binary or OpenJDK Platform binary, depending on which version of Java you have installed. For each Java path (check the Program column), there should be two entries:

Profile=Private, Enabled=Yes, Action=Allow, Override=No, Protocol=UDP
Profile=Private, Enabled=Yes, Action=Allow, Override=No, Protocol=TCP

with all other columns (Local Address, Remote Address, Local Port, Remote Port, Allowed Users, Allowed Computers, etc.) set to Any.
Thread Closed