Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streams on radiomast.io
13-07-2020, 17:40
Streams on radiomast.io
I am trying to add some FLAC streams to my radio playlist located on a QNAP NAS. I have been successful to some extent. However, I am unable to play two streams which are hosted by radiomast. These are:
http://streams.radiomast.io:80/radioblues-flac
http://streams.radiomast.io/tmefolk
Both of these play if I enter them into a browser.
I have tried with and without MinimStreamer. I am using a Linn Selekt DSM so there should be no compatibility issues.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2020, 19:55 (This post was last modified: 13-07-2020 19:57 by simoncn.)
RE: Streams on radiomast.io
These are both ogg/flac streams. To play them on a renderer that can't handle ogg/flac, you need to use MinimStreamer and set the stream.transcode property to ogg:wav. After doing this, restart MinimServer to make sure the new settings are active.
14-07-2020, 21:44
(13-07-2020 19:55)simoncn Wrote:  These are both ogg/flac streams. To play them on a renderer that can't handle ogg/flac, you need to use MinimStreamer and set the stream.transcode property to ogg:wav. After doing this, restart MinimServer to make sure the new settings are active.

Hi Simon
I had already set stream.transcode to ogg:wav24 whilst investigating but with no change. However, I have now got them both working by specifying the stream type in my playlist. For example:

#EXTINF:-1, [FOLK; ogg] TME Folk Radio

I am unsure why I should need to do this as my renderer should be able to pick this up from the stream.
14-07-2020, 23:01
Specifying the stream type in the playlist means that the server and control point can send the stream type to the renderer before the stream starts playing. Some renderers depend on having this information and other renderers are OK with discovering the stream type when the stream starts playing.