Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting using replaced words
26-04-2020, 15:45
Sorting using replaced words
I have a large mainly classical music library. MinimServer is a near perfect way of maintaining the library.

One issue that I have is with sorting albums titled 'Symphony No. ?' and those titled 'Symphonies Nos. ? & ?'.

By definition, 'Symphonies' are listed before 'Symphony'. Is there a way to replace the words 'Symphony Nos.' with 'Symphony No.' simply for the purposes of album sorting so that the sort order would be:

Symphony No. 3
Symphonies Nos. 4 & 8
Symphony No. 5

I lave looked though the guide and cannot see how this would be done, but either Simon or a more experienced user may know a way.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2020, 17:56
RE: Sorting using replaced words
I presume these are Album tags. If so, you can add AlbumSort tags to your files and apply these tags as the sort value for Album as described in this section.

In your example, you would only need to add the tag

AlbumSort=Symphony Nos. 4 & 8

to the files that are tagged

Album=Symphonies Nos. 4 & 8

to make the sort order correct. Also, it is sufficient to add this AlbumSort tag to a single file and MinimServer will automatically apply it to all other files with the same Album tag.
26-04-2020, 20:55
Thank you
27-04-2020, 11:08
Worked perfectly (as, of course, you knew it would).

A huge 'thank you'. All I have to do now is go through my library and add the AlbumSort tag where appropriate...