Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Ready NAS Pro
11-04-2013, 18:38 (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 18:39 by DJ1972.)
Problem with Ready NAS Pro
Simon, great job with the new version of MinimServer. I've got three main folders (Audio FLAC moje, Audio FLAC i Audio FLAC HD) with music files (from 44.1 up to 192) and after restarting, log shows:

Warning: problem reading input cache file Audio FLAC moje-1.mcache: java.io.IOException: input cache file format error 3 at offset 713652

Warning: problem reading input cache file Audio FLAC-1.mcache: java.io.IOException: input cache file format error 3 at offset 31506

What is the problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 19:01
RE: Problem with Ready NAS Pro
(11-04-2013 18:38)DJ1972 Wrote:  Simon, great job with the new version of MinimServer. I've got three main folders (Audio FLAC moje, Audio FLAC i Audio FLAC HD) with music files (from 44.1 up to 192) and after restarting, log shows:

Warning: problem reading input cache file Audio FLAC moje-1.mcache: java.io.IOException: input cache file format error 3 at offset 713652

Warning: problem reading input cache file Audio FLAC-1.mcache: java.io.IOException: input cache file format error 3 at offset 31506

What is the problem?

Please could you zip the 'Audio FLAC moje-1.mcache' and 'Audio FLAC-1.mcache' files and post them as an attachment here. They should be in the same directory/folder as your minimserver.config file. If you're not sure where this is, please let me know which platform you're using to run MinimServer, and I'll give you full directions. Smile
11-04-2013, 19:20
ReadyNAS Pro 6, is it enough?
11-04-2013, 19:56
The problem is with Audio FLAC folder. When my MinimSever is running with Audio FLAC moje and Audio FLAC HD there is no problem.
11-04-2013, 22:14
(11-04-2013 19:20)DJ1972 Wrote:  ReadyNAS Pro 6, is it enough?

You will find this file in

/etc/frontview/addons/bin/MINIMSERVER/data/Audio FLAC-1.mcache

When I see the file, I should be able to find the exact cause of the problem and fix it.
12-04-2013, 08:48
But. how to get there?
12-04-2013, 09:33 (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 09:39 by bbrip.)
You can log-in via SSH. The most comfortable way I find is using Filezilla (avail for Mac or Windows for free), as server type in the ip address of the NAS, username = root, your admin-password, port 22. As protocol I use sftp.

then browse to the location Simon indicated and just drag the file to a local drive or folder. Attached a screenprint how it looks like on my Mac. Left local drive, right-hand the NAS.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-04-2013, 11:23
Simon,

one suggestion on this: It might be a good idea for a future release if the MinimServer ReadyNAS package would be placing the "data" directory into a separate share on the /c/ drive of the NAS which could be accessed directly through Finder or Windows explorer. (that could then also hold the log, which is currently saved into the backup share).

The Twonky-addon for example creates a twonkymedia share where the library cache, trees etc are placed.

Again, nothing too desperate, just would make it easier accessing those files if and when its needed...

bbrip
12-04-2013, 12:04
(12-04-2013 09:33)bbrip Wrote:  You can log-in via SSH. The most comfortable way I find is using Filezilla (avail for Mac or Windows for free), as server type in the ip address of the NAS, username = root, your admin-password, port 22. As protocol I use sftp.

then browse to the location Simon indicated and just drag the file to a local drive or folder. Attached a screenprint how it looks like on my Mac. Left local drive, right-hand the NAS.

To do this, you would need to install the "Enable Root SSH Access" add-on (see this page). I wouldn't recommend this for the average user (see the warning about support being denied).

I've been looking at the code and I think I know what's causing this problem. This means I don't need the .mcache file at the moment. I'll add fix to the 0.71 release.
12-04-2013, 14:06
(12-04-2013 11:23)bbrip Wrote:  Simon,

one suggestion on this: It might be a good idea for a future release if the MinimServer ReadyNAS package would be placing the "data" directory into a separate share on the /c/ drive of the NAS which could be accessed directly through Finder or Windows explorer. (that could then also hold the log, which is currently saved into the backup share).

The Twonky-addon for example creates a twonkymedia share where the library cache, trees etc are placed.

Again, nothing too desperate, just would make it easier accessing those files if and when its needed...

bbrip

I agree that it would be useful to make these files more accessible for people without the "Enable Root SSH Access" add-on installed. This could be via a separate MinimServer share, but I'd prefer to avoid the need for this if possible.

The minimserver.log file is written to the backup share because everyone should be able to access this easily. For other relevant files, I could do something similar to the 0.70 QNAP package: when MinimServer is disabled, a snapshot of the relevant files could be written to a file minimserver-diag.tar.gz on the backup share.

The QNAP version of this doesn't put .mcache files in minimserver-diag.tar.gz. Including these could cause problems with the minimserver-diag.tar.gz file becoming too large in the normal case when the .mache files aren't needed. I'll need to think some more about the best way to handle this.