Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repeated tracks on multi-discs ripped from dbPoweramp
07-02-2019, 15:49
Repeated tracks on multi-discs ripped from dbPoweramp
Dear Support,

I have ripped all my CDs via dBPoweramp.
I have just noticed that multi-disc CDs repeat the last few tracks
e.g. two disc – two last tracks repeated, 3 disc set have 3 last tracks repeated.
The Control point is the Naim App on an Ipad.
I have the MINIMWATCH set to mergeFolderAlbums = true.
Music files are .wav and the file names include a Disc <n> reference in a separate folder.
So, for example, the Beatles 1962 - 1966 Two Disc compilation, we get

Track 24 Paperback Writer
Track 25 Eleanor Rigby
Track 26 Yellow Submarine
Track 27 Eleanor Rigby
Track 28 Yellow Submarine

Any help would be much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2019, 18:48
RE: Repeated tracks on multi-discs ripped from dbPoweramp
Duplicate tracks are usually caused by duplicate files in your library. Sometimes a file in a backup folder or recycle bin is picked up by MinimServer's scanning.

What happens if you set mergeFolderAlbums to false? Do you still see the duplicates?

Please post screenshots from File Station showing the contents of the folders in your library that contain the files for this album.
09-02-2019, 16:13 (This post was last modified: 09-02-2019 16:17 by malc.)
(07-02-2019 18:48)simoncn Wrote:  Duplicate tracks are usually caused by duplicate files in your library. Sometimes a file in a backup folder or recycle bin is picked up by MinimServer's scanning.

What happens if you set mergeFolderAlbums to false? Do you still see the duplicates?

Please post screenshots from File Station showing the contents of the folders in your library that contain the files for this album.

Simon,

With mergeFolderAlbums set to false, there are NO duplicates tracks for Disc 2.

Attachment should show Naim App folder.

Malc

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-02-2019, 22:34
Thanks for posting these screenshots. Please do the following:

1) In Windows Explorer, in the left-hand section showing your folders, select the Qmultimedia folder
2) In the search box at the top right (which should now say Search Qmultimedia), type: Eleanor Rigby

This will show all your files on the NAS with "Eleanor Rigby" in the name. There will probably be a duplicate file somewhere on the NAS that is causing the problem. You can then repeat this for "Yellow Submarine".
14-02-2019, 13:16
(09-02-2019 22:34)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for posting these screenshots. Please do the following:

1) In Windows Explorer, in the left-hand section showing your folders, select the Qmultimedia folder
2) In the search box at the top right (which should now say Search Qmultimedia), type: Eleanor Rigby

This will show all your files on the NAS with "Eleanor Rigby" in the name. There will probably be a duplicate file somewhere on the NAS that is causing the problem. You can then repeat this for "Yellow Submarine".

14/02 Added screenshots of NAS/Qmultimedia folder. I have checked all other folders on the NAS including recycling bin - no duplicate files. This may be the way I have set up dBPoweramp tags to rip the wav file.

Attached File(s)
.docx  Yellow Sub.docx (Size: 124.9 KB / Downloads: 3)
.docx  NAS folder.docx (Size: 125.09 KB / Downloads: 3)
14-02-2019, 13:59
Thanks for doing this. This is quite a puzzle! Do the duplicate tracks play OK when you select them in your player?
01-03-2019, 19:16
(14-02-2019 13:59)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for doing this. This is quite a puzzle! Do the duplicate tracks play OK when you select them in your player?

Simon - all tracks play normally even if they are repeated.

I set the NAIM App in "Upnp Compatibility mode" - this fixes the repeat tracks issue when used with a QNAP 209 server.

This compatibility mode removes the Minimserver logo and injects Disc # into the playlists but the system does works.

Malc
03-03-2019, 08:34
As this doesn't happen when you use UPnP compatibility mode in the Naim app, it seems to be a problem with the Naim app.

I tried the Naim app with a multidisc album but I don't see the problem. Have you tried clearing the UPnP cache in the Naim app?

If this doesn't help, try checking the track number tags in your files. For a multidisc album, the track numbers should go from 1..n on each disc.