Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about artwork overlays
16-01-2019, 16:56
question about artwork overlays
Hi Simon,
any future plans for something similar roon offers? Printing overlays such as type of audioformat / life album / albumversion ..... inbuilt into minimserver?

I do ask since I had a look at the [NEWS] sections in the documentation and found out that I could place a albumtitle.jpg next to my folder.jpg (for common use) which has a higher priority but the embedded artwork (same as folder.jpg)

And since so it's easy enough to do that manually, better said using some scripting graphic tools. I could use the folder.jpg and depending upon the fileformat add another layer in front being the overlay and then save it all back using albumtitle.jpg for the filename. And this looks way better but adding a [HD] to the albumtitle.

All what keeps me from thinking about automatiing this is that I might be ready the same time you might release an update which incorpated a solution of such kind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2019, 18:41
RE: question about artwork overlays
I don't have any plans for anything like this, so please feel free to go ahead with your own solution! Smile
05-02-2019, 17:17 (This post was last modified: 05-02-2019 17:18 by aliasname.)
(16-01-2019 18:41)simoncn Wrote:  I don't have any plans for anything like this, so please feel free to go ahead with your own solution! Smile

Seems to work ok .... top row as I had it before adding albumversion and audioquality into the textual part. Botton .... overlayed albumart.

05-02-2019, 18:15
Very nice!
05-02-2019, 20:46
(05-02-2019 18:15)simoncn Wrote:  Very nice!

If you ever run out of ideas ..... I needed 350 lines of code, you might get it done with 50 lines. ;-) VB.NET spaghetticode since not being skilled at all in coding.

And perhaps some day you could think of implementing some commandline options / MinimWatch serveroption allowing to define which image got a higher priority so that a simple rescan would allow to switch between 'folder.jpg' vs. 'albumtitle.jpg' being higher priority in case both are present. Would add some flexibility without the need to delete 1 set of albumartimages.
07-02-2019, 08:44
(05-02-2019 20:46)aliasname Wrote:  
(05-02-2019 18:15)simoncn Wrote:  Very nice!

If you ever run out of ideas ..... I needed 350 lines of code, you might get it done with 50 lines. ;-) VB.NET spaghetticode since not being skilled at all in coding.
Cool idea, I might steal it for my own applications !
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2019, 15:44
(07-02-2019 08:44)paultaylor Wrote:  Cool idea, I might steal it for my own applications !

No problem ... since I saw you on the roonlabs forum I bet you're well aware that this wasn't my idea, ripped from there ... so if ever you steal if from there I believe, while it's common practice since more but a decade to overlay images with additional information, means even the roonies adopted it themselves.
10-02-2019, 23:50
(08-02-2019 15:44)aliasname Wrote:  since I saw you on the roonlabs forum I bet you're well aware that this wasn't my idea, ripped from there ...
No I wasn't aware, don't remember seeing that before.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user