Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noobie alert!! RPi Installation OK (?) but no server!!
14-01-2019, 21:38
Noobie alert!! RPi Installation OK (?) but no server!!
I installed the ARM64 version of the MinimServer 0.8.5.2 on to a Raspberry Pi 3B+ today.

It seems that the MinimServer installed OK, with the desktop interface. The icon appeared on the desktop and appeared to be kind of greenish in colour, but I was not asked where the music files were located.

I couldn't find evidence of the server being active and the log file referred to a file being missing - as I recall this file contained the consecutive letters soh (or similar) which may help identification. I cannot recall the name of the file, but it was located in the 'tmp' folder. I was able to find the file and verify its existence, which seems to contradict the error log.

I tried installation several times, including the different ARM versions, all without success. I gave up - frustrated after 4 hours of stumbling around, and decided to go with an alternative, but the installation of the alternative seems to completely overwritten the contents of the microSD card. The alternative server doesn't work in the way I was expecting/require, so i would like to start again, but I am not sure how to proceed.

Any advice would be most welcome!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2019, 00:10
RE: Noobie alert!! RPi Installation OK (?) but no server!!
The instructions for installing MinimServer on a Raspberry Pi (running Raspbian) are on this page. As you will see from step 3, you should install the armhf version, not the arm64 version. This is because Raspbian runs in 32-bit mode even though the hardware is 64-bit capable.

Make sure you follow each step exactly as described. If any of the steps doesn't work as described, please stop at that step and post back here with details of which step didn't work and exactly what happened.
15-01-2019, 19:10
RE: Noobie alert!! RPi Installation OK (?) but no server!!
(15-01-2019 00:10)simoncn Wrote:  The instructions for installing MinimServer on a Raspberry Pi (running Raspbian) are on this page. As you will see from step 3, you should install the armhf version, not the arm64 version. This is because Raspbian runs in 32-bit mode even though the hardware is 64-bit capable.

Make sure you follow each step exactly as described. If any of the steps doesn't work as described, please stop at that step and post back here with details of which step didn't work and exactly what happened.

Thanks for this help, which has resolved the problems for me!! Much appreciated.

DUHHH!!! I was installing the wrong version of the software!! Noobies, eh???

Correct version installed, and, because the music files are on USB stick, once I had set the startup delay, all is working. Now I need to figure out how to structure the what tags are visible in the Android app that controls the 'naim' player.