Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change to tagOptions
17-06-2018, 22:50 (This post was last modified: 17-06-2018 22:51 by pdf1964.)
Change to tagOptions
Since upgrading to Minimserver0.8.5.2 update 123, the change in Syntax for ignoring the article "the" no longer seems to work. In my Naim app, for example, "The Beatles" now appear under "T" instead of "B" as they did prior to the upgrade. This is the option I used: Artist.ignore.sort={The}. I also tried all.ignore.sort={The}. I have performed a full startup scan as well with no change. Any help would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2018, 06:42
RE: Change to tagOptions
Working OK for me on my QNAP.
18-06-2018, 09:20
Have you set the NAIM app to sort lists alphabetically (the A-Z setting)? If so, this overrides the sort order that MinimServer is sending to the NAIM app.
19-06-2018, 01:38
(18-06-2018 09:20)simoncn Wrote:  Have you set the NAIM app to sort lists alphabetically (the A-Z setting)? If so, this overrides the sort order that MinimServer is sending to the NAIM app.

Yes, it is a toggle. It used to change the sort order, but no longer does. I am going to try re-indexing again.
19-06-2018, 21:49
I tried this with the NAIM app and update 123. The A-Z setting toggles "The Beatles" between T and B, as expected. I am using all.ignore.sort={The}.
19-06-2018, 22:23
This was user error on my part. I made a typo and had it as “all.ignore.sort.={The}”. I removed the trailing period after “sort” and reinforced and everything is working as expected now.

Thanks for your help!

Paul
19-06-2018, 22:48
Thanks for letting me know. MinimServer should reject this as an error but there is a problem in the parsing code for all.ignore that prevents this from happening. I will fix this in the next MinimServer update.
22-06-2018, 16:42 (This post was last modified: 22-06-2018 16:43 by simoncn.)
I tested this and although MinimServer shouldn't be accepting the trailing period, this doesn't cause any problems and custom sorting is working correctly for me with the trailing period. I am not sure why this wasn't working for you previously but I am glad it is working now.
18-08-2018, 19:04
MinimServer update 124 (just released) checks for a trailing period at the end of the option name and reports an error for this.