Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import Date
06-11-2013, 09:53
RE: Import Date
+1 for the "recently added" list.

I know, I know, Minimserver is not iTunes; Minimserver is better.
BUT there is no denying that the iTunes implementation of playlists is something that I would LOVE to see in Minimserver :-)

Grteez, Willem
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 11:45
(03-03-2013 09:45)Mike48 Wrote:  I've added a tag to my music files holding the date of import into my music library. I use this with Minim to sort album lists in reverse order by date. Now I can use the album list to play recent imports. For more detailed ways of browsing, the order doesn't much matter, once I've narrowed down the set of files or albums.

The import-date is in J River internal date format, in which a value might be 41283.93948 (but with more decimal places). This doesn't seem to cause MinimServer any problems. I am wondering--

(1) Is there a way to tell MinimServer to read this tag, but not display it as a category? Since each album has a unique value, it's not useful that way.

(2) I could change the tag to hold formatted values, say yyyy-mm-dd-hhmm. Is there any reason to do that in terms of, say, memory usage in MinimServer? I *still* wouldn't be looking at it, just using it for sorting.
Hello Mike48, could you help me to understand how did you succeed to make album being sorted by import date ? Which tags do you use ?

Best regards
31-12-2013, 08:27 (This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 08:27 by Mike48.)
(09-11-2013 11:45)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello Mike48, could you help me to understand how did you succeed to make album being sorted by import date ? Which tags do you use ?
Best regards

Sorry, I just saw this now. I use JRiver Media Center. I added a new tag to its database ("library") and had JRMC assign to it the value of its own "date-imported" tag for track 1 of the album.

To tell you the truth, I have stopped using it. I lost my MinimServer configuration in one of the updates, and I haven't had time to get it back.

Mike

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA