Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm so impressed I've donated a bit more!
28-02-2013, 08:12 (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 08:16 by wappinghigh.)
Wink I'm so impressed I've donated a bit more!
Hi Simon

Thanks for the very detailed QNAP setup instructions

After following them to a tee, I am now up and running MinimServer on a QNAP 119P II Smile

I chose this QNAP and added an Hitachi Deskstar after considering the very helpful coments written on the "fasted possible NAS thread"

The little one bay QNAP is perfect! (Definitely no SSD required). It's extremely quite, good value for money, and way quick enough and pretty easy to configure.

It's certainly WAYYYY faster than the old Linkstation...

Simon, your detailed instructions were also very helpful in setting up the same library share for Sonos on QNAP..So now I have dual systems at my place: both pointing at the same library: Minimserver serving the library to my Linn player via the EV Control4 driver and Sonos picking up the same share.. Well OK it's not seeing Minimserver, (but hey..you can't have everything!) hahaha

Anyway. Thanks again Simon. Your program totally rocks. And so does the support here on the Forum and the website.

I encourage everyone to donate. Even if it's just a small amount.... I'm sure every little bit helps... Let's help Simon make MinimServer the No. 1 Music server software on the planet Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 10:59
RE: I'm so impressed I've donated a bit more!
(28-02-2013 08:12)wappinghigh Wrote:  Anyway. Thanks again Simon. Your program totally rocks. And so does the support here on the Forum and the website.

I encourage everyone to donate. Even if it's just a small amount.... I'm sure every little bit helps... Let's help Simon make MinimServer the No. 1 Music server software on the planet Smile

Thanks for the donation, and for the nice comments! Smile
01-03-2013, 12:20
Same here good reminder.
08-11-2013, 12:21
I have to concur with the above posts - fantastic program and great support, a true pleasure.
Minim would have been a steal at $100, I've donated a bit to keep you going!
Using Synology DS-412+, running smooth