Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#AudioData problem? Or something that I don't understand?
15-02-2013, 18:13
#AudioData problem? Or something that I don't understand?
Hi. I've put #AudioData in the indexTags. Minimserver now displays another index. My intention is to be able to browse to music in a specified quality (resolution) directly. FYI, I use Kinsky as control point.

When I browse this AudioData index in Kinsky, I see lots of stuff that I don't understand. Here's what I found.

I get values starting at ~96k up to ~320k - what are these? Is this mp3 perhaps?

24/22664 - these seem to be 88.200hz tracks from a Linn mix tape?

16/44100 - these seem to be my normal cd quality tracks

24/30464 - these seem to be 24bit/96khz tracks ?

16/48000 - these seems to be tracks that were taken from SACD ?

24/44100 - these seem to be also 88.200Hz tracks but in 24bit? I have a 24/192 album that shows up in this index.

It must be me, but I find this all very confusing. There seem to be lots of different qualities/resolutions...

This will not work for me in distinguishing standard quality audio from high def audio - I think we nee a smart playlist functionality for that :-)

Any comments / suggestions welcome, as always.

Greetz, Willem
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2013, 18:30
RE: #AudioData problem? Or something that I don't understand?
(15-02-2013 18:13)whgmkeller Wrote:  Hi. I've put #AudioData in the indexTags. Minimserver now displays another index. My intention is to be able to browse to music in a specified quality (resolution) directly. FYI, I use Kinsky as control point.

When I browse this AudioData index in Kinsky, I see lots of stuff that I don't understand. Here's what I found.

I get values starting at ~96k up to ~320k - what are these? Is this mp3 perhaps?

24/22664 - these seem to be 88.200hz tracks from a Linn mix tape?

16/44100 - these seem to be my normal cd quality tracks

24/30464 - these seem to be 24bit/96khz tracks ?

16/48000 - these seems to be tracks that were taken from SACD ?

24/44100 - these seem to be also 88.200Hz tracks but in 24bit? I have a 24/192 album that shows up in this index.

It must be me, but I find this all very confusing. There seem to be lots of different qualities/resolutions...

This will not work for me in distinguishing standard quality audio from high def audio - I think we nee a smart playlist functionality for that :-)

Any comments / suggestions welcome, as always.

Greetz, Willem

This will be improved in the next release. The different resolutions will be grouped into a small number of categories. See this post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply