Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
02-09-2014, 06:22
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users
Hello just tried : same problem : no restart.
I re-install minimserver 0.8.2 build 40 on another NAS (DS1512 DSM5) : it is the same problem. No restart
Let me know if you need more investigation from my side
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 08:07
(02-09-2014 06:22)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello just tried : same problem : no restart.
I re-install minimserver 0.8.2 build 40 on another NAS (DS1512 DSM5) : it is the same problem. No restart
Let me know if you need more investigation from my side

This is quite puzzling. Please make sure that you log in to your NAS as root. What output do you get for the following commands?
Code:
su - minimautorestart -s /bin/sh -c "inotifywait -r -t 1 /volume1/music-nas/sacd_DoP"
Code:
su - minimautorestart -s /bin/sh -c "touch /volume1/homes/minimautorestart/restart.log"
Code:
su - minimautorestart -s /bin/sh -c "touch /volume1/homes/minimautorestart/inotify-stderr.log"
02-09-2014, 08:12
Ok i will have a look later this afternoon.
I login in the NAS as root through Telnet when I run some commands but usually I log as admin.

I used to do that in the past with no difficulty, but perhaps I change something on the latest DSM versions.

I will let you know
02-09-2014, 09:47
(02-09-2014 08:07)winxi Wrote:  This is quite puzzling. Please make sure that you log in to your NAS as root. What output do you get for the following commands?
Code:
su - minimautorestart -s /bin/sh -c "inotifywait -r -t 1 /volume1/music-nas/sacd_DoP"

winxi,

I'm having the same problems as Patatorz. minimwatch was working for me some time ago but at some point it stopped working and none of the subsequent releases have fixed it.

It looks like you might have found the problem, for me at least. When I run the inotifywait command above on my music library I get a segmentation fault.

Adrian
02-09-2014, 09:50
I would have installed minimwatch while running DSM 4 but I upgraded to DSM 5 when it came out. Perhaps that's what broke inotifywait? Is there a way to reinstall it on DSM 5? Reinstalling minimwatch doesn't saeem to do this.
02-09-2014, 10:05
(02-09-2014 09:47)scooter Wrote:  winxi,

I'm having the same problems as Patatorz. minimwatch was working for me some time ago but at some point it stopped working and none of the subsequent releases have fixed it.

It looks like you might have found the problem, for me at least. When I run the inotifywait command above on my music library I get a segmentation fault.

Adrian

Hi, thanks for this information. I presume that you mean the Auto Restart package when you say minimwatch.
Can you please try removing the inotifywait binary by typing as root
Code:
cd /usr/bin
rm inotifywait
and then reinstalling the Auto Restart package. Many thanks!
02-09-2014, 10:13
Oops, yes I meant Auto Restart.

Anyway, I deleted inotifywait and reinstalled Auto Restart. I've now got a new inotifywait dated 2nd Sept. But when I try the inotifywait command I still get a seg fault.
02-09-2014, 10:21
(02-09-2014 10:13)scooter Wrote:  Oops, yes I meant Auto Restart.

Anyway, I deleted inotifywait and reinstalled Auto Restart. I've now got a new inotifywait dated 2nd Sept. But when I try the inotifywait command I still get a seg fault.

Thanks for trying this.
The Auto Restart package relies on a working inotifywait binary. I'm afraid that it won't be possible for me to debug this as I'm not able to reproduce this issue and a segfault may have various causes. It may even be an inotifywait bug.
Which directory did you specify in the above inotifywait command? A first step to shed some led onto this could be to specify a simple test directory containing just a single test file.
02-09-2014, 10:47
(02-09-2014 10:21)winxi Wrote:  A first step to shed some led onto this could be to specify a simple test directory containing just a single test file.

I tried it on my full music ibrary initially which failed. I then tried a smaller subset, same result. I'm also getting a seg fault on a directory containing a single file. So it looks like there's an inotifywait problem...
02-09-2014, 11:06
So it should come from DSM ?