Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD singles tagging
03-05-2017, 14:11 (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 14:11 by paultaylor.)
RE: CD singles tagging
You could also add the type to the release name when not an album so you have 'Let It Be' for the album and 'Let It Be (Single)' for the single. Then in MinimServer when browsing 'albums' it is clear when an album is actually a 'single'. (SongKong has an option for this as well - 'Album Format:Add EP, Single, Compilation, Live and Remix release types to release title')
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2017, 09:38
(03-05-2017 10:47)BlueDog Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 09:29)Pepsican Wrote:  You forgot the maxi-single and the 12" Smile

Big Grin

I've even still got a couple of those 3" CD singles kicking about somewhere. Blush

So do I. Not sure if I still have the adapter. Not every tray will take them. Challenges, challenges... Smile
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2017, 09:41
(03-05-2017 14:11)paultaylor Wrote:  You could also add the type to the release name when not an album so you have 'Let It Be' for the album and 'Let It Be (Single)' for the single. Then in MinimServer when browsing 'albums' it is clear when an album is actually a 'single'. (SongKong has an option for this as well - 'Album Format:Add EP, Single, Compilation, Live and Remix release types to release title')

Thank you for the suggestion! I would rather have separate selection options in my control point through tagging I think. A folder "Album" and a folder "Singles" next to my "compilations" folder. I don't immediately see how I could achieve that with only the album name expanded. But that usually means I just haven't fully grasped the depth of the MinimServer software.
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2017, 10:33 (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 10:51 by paultaylor.)
(04-05-2017 09:41)Pepsican Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 14:11)paultaylor Wrote:  You could also add the type to the release name when not an album so you have 'Let It Be' for the album and 'Let It Be (Single)' for the single. Then in MinimServer when browsing 'albums' it is clear when an album is actually a 'single'. (SongKong has an option for this as well - 'Album Format:Add EP, Single, Compilation, Live and Remix release types to release title')

Thank you for the suggestion! I would rather have separate selection options in my control point through tagging I think. A folder "Album" and a folder "Singles" next to my "compilations" folder. I don't immediately see how I could achieve that with only the album name expanded. But that usually means I just haven't fully grasped the depth of the MinimServer software.
You are correct, you require a separate RELEASETYPE field as I suggested earlier to be able to browse album/singles separately. This was just an additional idea so that if you were browsing releases from a different direction (i.e via composer) you could simply distinguish between album and single.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user