Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco new firmware
26-02-2017, 17:02
Melco new firmware
Firmware version 3.21 is now available for direct update to Melcos.

I understand it is a major re-write of the firmware. Having lived with a beta version for some weeks I can report a significant improvement to the sound..

There is also a host more features - with which I have not experimented. I am also informed there are possibly more features in the pipeline.

See https://www.melco-audio.com/support/downloads/

Donuk sunny downtown York
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2017, 10:11
RE: Melco new firmware
Thanks for the heads up that its now available.

I was at the Bristol show on Friday and Melco there said there should be a noticeable improvement in sound quality with the new firmware.

Look forward to trying it later today

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
28-02-2017, 16:01 (This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 17:52 by Peter@57m.)
I upgraded to the new version and its different/potentially better but I'd really like to go back to version 3.11 to compare.

Did anybody download the zip file from the Melco website that contains Ver 3.11 of the firmware?

If so could you please PM me

Thanks, Peter

NOW HAVE THE FIRMWARE - thanks Simon
01-03-2017, 12:02
I have now gone back to 3.11 firmware and listened to my usual suspect test tracks. Then back to 3.21 firmware and feel it does bring an improvement.

However there was something which was confusing the picture. With all releases prior to 3.21 I have having two Audioquest Jitterbugs plugged into empty USB sockets on my Melco (both N1A and N1ZH) improved the sound. I connect my Melco to my Linn Klimax DSM via Ethernet so don't use any of the USB sockets.

I had tried using three Jitterbugs but found this detrimental to the sound. This is what I first heard on going to 3.21, it now seems one Jitterbug is optimal and two are detrimental. So at first I was hearing improvements brought by 3.21 but being spoilt by two Jitterbugs.

Now happily listening using 3.21 and one Jitterbug.

FYI - should you want to go back and forth between 3.21 and 3.11 you need to re-install MiminServer and all your settings as downgrading the firmware resets everything but you don't lose your music files.

Peter
01-03-2017, 14:08
(01-03-2017 12:02)Peter@57m Wrote:  FYI - should you want to go back and forth between 3.21 and 3.11 you need to re-install MiminServer and all your settings as downgrading the firmware resets everything but you don't lose your music files.

When doing this, be sure to use the latest 0.8.4.5 version of the MinimServer installer.
29-03-2017, 17:54
The is a newer version of Melco firmware available now on the site called 3.22 beta
It has to be installed by USB stick.
Anyone tried it?
29-03-2017, 22:18
(29-03-2017 17:54)Donuk Wrote:  The is a newer version of Melco firmware available now on the site called 3.22 beta
It has to be installed by USB stick.
Anyone tried it?

Firmware Ver. 3.22β (only for USB update)
Update on 28 Mar, 2017.
Melco Syncrets Inc. all rights reserved.
*This is an evolved version of FW Ver. 3.21 only availible for USB update.

I wonder what has evolved
30-03-2017, 19:47
I have just installed this and all seems well so far. Smile
30-03-2017, 21:27
Upgraded too and its all working fine. Wondered if it would bring any sonic benefits but then saw on the Japanese site more info on the beta release. No comment about sonic change apart from markerless DSD.

From Japanese site (Google translation):

N1 beta version firmware "3.22B" can now be downloaded.
Functionally, it does not change completely from 3.21, but compatibility of the USB - DAC connection function is improved, and it corresponds to more models and applications.
Update contents are as follows.

ADDED SUPPORT FOR MARKERLESS DSD
Oppo Digital Sonica DAC,
Marantz SA-10, Luxman D-08u,
In addition to newly supporting Esoteric K-01X, etc., noise before and after the start of playback was suppressed, and playback quality was improved.
The Sonica DAC also allowed local play of the DSD 512 (playback on the front panel).

IMPROVE COMPATIBILITY WITH USB-DAC
Corresponds to Marantz SA-11S3, TEAC UD-501V2 / UD-503 which had compatibility problems so far.
Also supports DSD 256 playback of UD-501V2.

IMPROVE COMPATIBILITY WITH APPLICATIONS
Improved compatibility with applications such as mConnect Player (iPhone), where compatibility problems had occurred.

OTHER
DSD file playback compatibility with external NAS has been improved.
In ripping CD, contents of multiple candidate display were partially improved.

Peter
20-10-2017, 17:24 (This post was last modified: 20-10-2017 17:56 by GreenMtnGringo.)
Hi, I recently updated my Melco N1ZH60 firmware from v3.50 to v3.70 and have had various issues and annoyances ever since. Is it possible to downgrade to v3.50 without disrupting the MinimServer install? Thanks.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk1 (MinimServer 2) --> network --> AURALiC ARIES G2 --> Lightning Link (WWPS7 hdmi) --> AURALiC VEGA G2 with AURALiC LEO GX Master Clock --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 523 --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7