Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon MiND playlists don't play
19-09-2016, 15:10
RE: Moon MiND playlists don't play
(19-09-2016 13:29)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 12:45)Michael Kay Wrote:  OK well thanks for that, but what do I do next to get it to play the playlists, which it still chooses not to play?

You would need to ask the Moon MiND app developers about that. There is no indication of any problem on the MinimServer side.

ok Simon - thanks for all this!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 22:50
One more idea: if the IP address of the server machine changes, playlists saved by the control point would not work. This change would not be caused by doing a MinimServer rescan but by something like a server reboot.

In the trace output that you posted, the IP address of the server machine is 192.168.0.7. Is this a fixed address or does it vary?
19-09-2016, 23:06
(19-09-2016 22:50)simoncn Wrote:  One more idea: if the IP address of the server machine changes, playlists saved by the control point would not work. This change would not be caused by doing a MinimServer rescan but by something like a server reboot.

In the trace output that you posted, the IP address of the server machine is 192.168.0.7. Is this a fixed address or does it vary?

Ahh, this will be the cause. It changed to the 0.7 ending recently following a whole system reboot, since which the playlists have not worked. It is a Synology 214Play - but how do I lock its IP address because it has changed by itself on previous occasions before too (but I wasn't using playlists then)?
20-09-2016, 07:18
(19-09-2016 23:06)Michael Kay Wrote:  Ahh, this will be the cause. It changed to the 0.7 ending recently following a whole system reboot, since which the playlists have not worked. It is a Synology 214Play - but how do I lock its IP address because it has changed by itself on previous occasions before too (but I wasn't using playlists then)?

There are two ways to do this. You can configure a fixed IP address in Synology DSM or you can add a DHCP reservation in your router that ensures the router always uses the same address for the NAS.

To do this using Synology DSM, go to Control Panel > Network and select the Network Interface tab. Select LAN and click Edit. Change "Get network configuration automatically (DHCP)" to "Use manual configuration". Change the IP address field from 192.168.0.7 to what you were using previously, then click OK. This should make your saved playlists start working again.
20-09-2016, 18:36
(20-09-2016 07:18)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 23:06)Michael Kay Wrote:  Ahh, this will be the cause. It changed to the 0.7 ending recently following a whole system reboot, since which the playlists have not worked. It is a Synology 214Play - but how do I lock its IP address because it has changed by itself on previous occasions before too (but I wasn't using playlists then)?

There are two ways to do this. You can configure a fixed IP address in Synology DSM or you can add a DHCP reservation in your router that ensures the router always uses the same address for the NAS.

To do this using Synology DSM, go to Control Panel > Network and select the Network Interface tab. Select LAN and click Edit. Change "Get network configuration automatically (DHCP)" to "Use manual configuration". Change the IP address field from 192.168.0.7 to what you were using previously, then click OK. This should make your saved playlists start working again.

Hello Simon,

Many thanks - this has worked and all my Playlists are working again. I did as you said above and just to be doubly sure I've also locked the router IP for the NAS to the same IP address as well. Hope that isn't a problem. So everything is working just right again. Thanks for sticking with me and sorting this out and your instructions were very clear above too. I'll send a donation for your help!

Thanks again,

Michael
20-09-2016, 19:42
(20-09-2016 18:36)Michael Kay Wrote:  Hello Simon,

Many thanks - this has worked and all my Playlists are working again. I did as you said above and just to be doubly sure I've also locked the router IP for the NAS to the same IP address as well. Hope that isn't a problem. So everything is working just right again. Thanks for sticking with me and sorting this out and your instructions were very clear above too. I'll send a donation for your help!

Thanks again,

Michael

If the address is locked in the router, it is best practice to remove the static assignment in DSM. This is how all my NAS devices are set up.

Thanks for the donation!