Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can No Longer Write To My NAS
03-08-2016, 14:23
RE: Can No Longer Write To My NAS
(02-08-2016 09:48)simoncn Wrote:  The error from dBpoweramp might be a network issue that prevents the NAS shared folder being accessible from Windows.

The grey MinimWatch icon sounds like a network problem as well.

The first step is to power off all your equipment. After doing this, power it back on in this order:

1) Router (then wait 5 minutes)
2) Switches, if you have any (then wait 2 minutes)
3) Wireless access points or extenders, if you have any (then wait 2 minutes)
4) The NAS
5) The Windows PC

After doing this, try another dBpoweramp rip.

Did not resolve but thanks for help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2016, 14:46
From your earlier post, you are trying to rip to a folder on the \\Diskstation drive. What happens when you type \\Diskstation into the address bar on Windows Explorer and press Enter?
03-08-2016, 15:06
(03-08-2016 14:46)simoncn Wrote:  From your earlier post, you are trying to rip to a folder on the \\Diskstation drive. What happens when you type \\Diskstation into the address bar on Windows Explorer and press Enter?

I see all the folders on Diskstation including Music Files which is my library, can open and see all albums.
03-08-2016, 15:16
(03-08-2016 15:06)rogerdn Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 14:46)simoncn Wrote:  From your earlier post, you are trying to rip to a folder on the \\Diskstation drive. What happens when you type \\Diskstation into the address bar on Windows Explorer and press Enter?

I see all the folders on Diskstation including Music Files which is my library, can open and see all albums.

My first two tries to open an album I got Windows can't maybe because of a network problem, but on third try albums now open so appears to be an issue somewhere.
03-08-2016, 18:15
It sounds like the evidence is pointing to a network problem of some kind.
03-08-2016, 19:46 (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 19:48 by rogerdn.)
I checked something I should have done earlier, all rips are in the NAS library, which explains why they play in Roon, but what do the dBPoweramp and MinimWatch Error messages mean ?

Another issue I haven't mentioned, but it started about the same time and is probably related, is I can no longer either see MinimServer or the Synology Media Servers on my mconnect iPad app, or I see the icons but there are no folders or tracks in the next screens. Ditto for Kazoo. But this is erratic too and occasionally plays.
03-08-2016, 20:01 (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 20:02 by simoncn.)
This is all consistent with an intermittent network problem. If possible, you could swap or remove the network components one by one to isolate the fault.
03-08-2016, 21:01
(03-08-2016 20:01)simoncn Wrote:  This is all consistent with an intermittent network problem. If possible, you could swap or remove the network components one by one to isolate the fault.
Would you include the PC in the network since it's erratic, eg, right now I tried to reboot and had to finally do a force shutdown.
03-08-2016, 21:33
(03-08-2016 21:01)rogerdn Wrote:  Would you include the PC in the network since it's erratic, eg, right now I tried to reboot and had to finally do a force shutdown.

Yes, it could be the network adapter in the PC. Can you switch from a wireless conection to a wired connection (or vice versa) to see if this helps?
03-08-2016, 21:34
(03-08-2016 21:33)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 21:01)rogerdn Wrote:  Would you include the PC in the network since it's erratic, eg, right now I tried to reboot and had to finally do a force shutdown.

Yes, it could be the network adapter in the PC. Can you switch from a wireless conection to a wired connection (or vice versa) to see if this helps?
I'm using both but will try one at a time.