Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC HLS Radio Streams
07-04-2016, 19:41
RE: BBC HLS Radio Streams
Hi RobertsRevival

Yes, I am running minimserver on a synology nas so I need minimwatch to access the settings. I havent tried running it on a pc so I will hand over to Simon to help with that. From the screen shot you have added, you do have access already to the settings.

I have just removed the transcode settings leaving the field blank and tried the BBC HLS and the Radio Paradise streams and they all still work on my Roberts Stream 93i. They all show as 320 kbps AAC format. Put the settings back and the info reads the same so I dont think my transcode settings are making any difference, only when I play flac files.

I am fairly confident the Revival and Stream 93i have the same chipset and decoding abilities so now I'm a bit stumped why it isnt working for you.

Can your set definately find the streams?

Rob

Streaming from a Synology 1511+ to a Cyrus Stream XP2 QX, 2x Roberts 93i, A Revo Superconnect, a Mede8er 600 3D and a few Squeezeboxes thrown in!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2016, 19:48
....... I have checked your entry in the portal and it is identical to mine, other than the IP of your Pc running Minimserver.

Rob

Streaming from a Synology 1511+ to a Cyrus Stream XP2 QX, 2x Roberts 93i, A Revo Superconnect, a Mede8er 600 3D and a few Squeezeboxes thrown in!
07-04-2016, 19:49
Another thought - do you have a firewall running on the Pc? Try disabling it.

08-04-2016, 15:11
Profuse apologies to all who have tried to help this imbecile! The one thing that you all couldn't check was the one thing that I was getting wrong - the IP address!Blush

I went on line (originally) to find how to check my I.P. address and, well lets say I was confused. I just looked at my modem (to see if I could see what might be blocking things) and noticed the I.P. stated was different. Changed it in the URLs and hey presto all is good.

So thanks again to all and sorry for wasting your time.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
08-04-2016, 15:14
(07-04-2016 10:17)RobertsRevival Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 19:44)robt Wrote:  Hi

Heres the entry I added to SF under added stations

http://192.168.0.18:9790/minimstreamer/*/RP and the type I selected was mp3 (although it isnt but it works!)

The corresponding entry in my minimstreamer .m3u file is

#EXTINF:-1,[*RP] Radio Paradise HD
http://stream-uk1.radioparadise.com/aac-320

It appears in my added stations on the Roberts and plays fine. I've also just checked and I can navigate through the file browser to the playlist and select it from there to.

I can send you a copy of the .m3u file which includes all the BBC HLS streams if it will help. Have you set the correct path to the file container via minimwatch? Just a thought...

Also, if the radio finds the entry but doesn't play the stream, I have the following entry in stream transcode in settings
flac:wav/L16,*:wav (not sure if the Roberts can play the native stream format)

Good luck

Rob

Many thanks Rob. At least I've got something different I can try. I'll have a go later! Smile

So Rob, next question, regarding this Radio Paradise that you are playing via minimserver, why do you do that, can you not access that directly via your radio?

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
08-04-2016, 17:19
Ha! Never mind, we have all made errors like that. Good that its working now.

As for Radio Paradise, if you do a search in the FS portal you will find it but I think the bitrate is 192 kbps. The link I use with Minimserver is supposed to be for Naim users only and is 320 kbps, much higher quality. You can either add the link direct or use minimserver and I kinda like to access my radio via the nas.

Radio Paradise at 320 kbps is really good quality and my kind of music Smile

Rob

08-04-2016, 23:56
i could use some help.

i downloaded the bbc radio.m3u file, added *.wav to stream.transcode, put it in place, restarted minimserver, went into linn kazoo, found the playlist, and found the list of radio stations, clicked play . . .

none of them worked.

i then added robt's radio station to the bottom of the file, restarted minimserver, etc . . .

it played perfectly.

so what's the deal? why did the links in the file not work for the bbc stations, but did work for robt's station?

please advise!

also, is there any way to add npr stations? can't seem to find any urls.

thanks!
09-04-2016, 04:55
http://www.publicradiofan.com seems to be the best place to find urls if you're interested in the various npr stations. was able to find good links for vermont public radio, vpr classical, and new hampshire public radio. quite a few others i haven't figured out . . . .
09-04-2016, 07:14
(08-04-2016 23:56)jcn3 Wrote:  so what's the deal? why did the links in the file not work for the bbc stations, but did work for robt's station?

The high-quality BBC streams (as listed in the sample file) are only available in the UK. You can access a lower-quality international stream by changing each URL from this form:

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_three.m3u8

to this form:

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/nonuk/sbr_low/ak/bbc_radio_three.m3u8
09-04-2016, 07:46
(08-04-2016 15:11)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Profuse apologies to all who have tried to help this imbecile! The one thing that you all couldn't check was the one thing that I was getting wrong - the IP address!Blush

I went on line (originally) to find how to check my I.P. address and, well lets say I was confused. I just looked at my modem (to see if I could see what might be blocking things) and noticed the I.P. stated was different. Changed it in the URLs and hey presto all is good.

So thanks again to all and sorry for wasting your time.

Great to see you've got it going. A for persistence. Now sit back and enjoy.