Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extended attribute issue
04-06-2015, 18:07
RE: Extended attribute issue
(04-06-2015 09:49)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 08:50)Tmore Wrote:  Thanks. Unfortunately thats the format I started with... Tried've it again (see files) - but no success...

The steps I follow are:
- place tagUpdate file in right folder
- specify the right file path in Minimwatch under properties
- restart Minimwatch (it changes to yellow as it should, etc.)
- when minimwatch returns to "running", test if anything changed

Sofar with no result...?

Any suggestions?

After you do a Restart, what do you see in the AllTagupdates.txt file?

It doesn't write a tagupdate file. The filepath must be ok as the alltag file is successfully updates every time I restart... So far I've assumed there are no changes so no file is written upon restart?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 12:17
(04-06-2015 18:07)Tmore Wrote:  It doesn't write a tagupdate file. The filepath must be ok as the alltag file is successfully updates every time I restart... So far I've assumed there are no changes so no file is written upon restart?

Have you checked the MinimServer log for warning or error messages?

Can you try using tag update to change some other type of tag (e.g., a single TITLE value) to see if the problem is associated with the GENRE tag?
06-06-2015, 15:35
Also applying "TITLE" command didn't work. The logfile I am writing via the command ".logfile" is 35mb. I've attached the last bit of the file.

Attached File(s)
.txt  LogMinimserver1.txt (Size: 34.44 KB / Downloads: 2)
06-06-2015, 16:55
(06-06-2015 15:35)Tmore Wrote:  Also applying "TITLE" command didn't work. The logfile I am writing via the command ".logfile" is 35mb. I've attached the last bit of the file.

This log extract down't contain any relevant information. Please do the following:

1) Set the logging level to Verbose
2) In the log window, click Clear
3) Select Restart from the minim icon
4) In the log window, select 'Save as' to save a log file
5) This will produce a much smaller log file that should indicate why the tagUpdate file isn't being processed
6) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here
09-06-2015, 10:37
Hi - I've followed all steps. Result: the log file in the miniwatch "showlog" was empty.

I've attached the new logfiles that got recorded (in Public folder and through .logfile in Properties, show log remained empty) following a "disable" and restart of Minim watch on the NAS. I hope this offers any clues. Non are very large anymore...

Could the Minim version on the NAS (QNAP 219P II updated to 4.1.3) be an issues? On the Minim site you specify an soft / hard float Minim version for QNAP ARM, on the QNAP download center it specifies an ....X19 version (see screenshot).

I have JRE ARM 8.6.0 installed.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  LogMinimserver3.txt (Size: 36.98 KB / Downloads: 2)
.gz  minimserver-diag.tar.gz (Size: 909 bytes / Downloads: 1)
09-06-2015, 11:43
(09-06-2015 10:37)Tmore Wrote:  Hi - I've followed all steps. Result: the log file in the miniwatch "showlog" was empty.

I've attached the new logfiles that got recorded (in Public folder and through .logfile in Properties, show log remained empty) following a "disable" and restart of Minim watch on the NAS. I hope this offers any clues. Non are very large anymore...

Could the Minim version on the NAS (QNAP 219P II updated to 4.1.3) be an issues? On the Minim site you specify an soft / hard float Minim version for QNAP ARM, on the QNAP download center it specifies an ....X19 version (see screenshot).

I have JRE ARM 8.6.0 installed.

I think I know what is causing the problem. It looks like you are running a very old version of MinimWatch. Please update this to the latest version (0.8.3 update 32) and try again.
10-06-2015, 17:54
Ok - I've update with latest version for QNAP (floating point) + reset all properties, checked file path, etc. Didn't fix the issue: tagupdate still doesn't work, still no log data "show log", but do get writealltag files and .logfiles written to.
I did notice that the release I downloaded from your site is 0.8.3 update 66, not update 32 as you suggest. According to your website update 66 is the latest update...

Will be on business for a week or so - than more time to do analysis...
10-06-2015, 18:07
(10-06-2015 17:54)Tmore Wrote:  Ok - I've update with latest version for QNAP (floating point) + reset all properties, checked file path, etc. Didn't fix the issue: tagupdate still doesn't work, still no log data "show log", but do get writealltag files and .logfiles written to.
I did notice that the release I downloaded from your site is 0.8.3 update 66, not update 32 as you suggest. According to your website update 66 is the latest update...

Will be on business for a week or so - than more time to do analysis...

You need to update to the latest MinimWatch (0.8.3 with update 32), not MinimServer.