Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no Artist is shown if single artist in Genre
24-04-2015, 12:01
RE: no Artist is shown if single artist in Genre
(23-04-2015 21:47)marco Wrote:  Actually i am a little bit old fashioned in this. I use the remote of the player, this remote has an "info" key, but works only at track level, that means you have to play the first song.
Once the player starts playing then the info key gives you the Artist and the format.

What player are you using? And what kind of phone (iPhone, Android or whatever). If you have a phone on which you can try a Control Point, you might be agreeably surprised how easy it is to select your music.

That's not to say that (as some have said) the remote control is useless once you have a Control Point. I often use my remotes in the same way that I previously used my CD remote. My players store the playlist in their own memory; the playlist then becomes, from the user perspective, almost like the tracks of a CD.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2015, 12:24
(24-04-2015 12:01)DavidHB Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 21:47)marco Wrote:  Actually i am a little bit old fashioned in this. I use the remote of the player, this remote has an "info" key, but works only at track level, that means you have to play the first song.
Once the player starts playing then the info key gives you the Artist and the format.

What player are you using? And what kind of phone (iPhone, Android or whatever). If you have a phone on which you can try a Control Point, you might be agreeably surprised how easy it is to select your music.

That's not to say that (as some have said) the remote control is useless once you have a Control Point. I often use my remotes in the same way that I previously used my CD remote. My players store the playlist in their own memory; the playlist then becomes, from the user perspective, almost like the tracks of a CD.

David

Hi David
I have a Denon DNP730AE.
I have the dedicated control point app as well on Android and I have used it. It's easier than the remote, but again in this case it shows the albums and not the Artist name, unless or until you play the first song.
ciao/marco
24-04-2015, 12:50
(24-04-2015 12:24)marco Wrote:  I have a Denon DNP730AE.
I have the dedicated control point app as well on Android and I have used it. It's easier than the remote, but again in this case it shows the albums and not the Artist name, unless or until you play the first song.

You could try Bubble UPnP, which runs on Android and is in the Play store. I use its similar stable-mate Bubble DS Next. On that, the album listing (icons or list) shows the Artist (actually, I think, the AlbumArtist tag) as well as the album name, before you select the album. If you select an album, the track list that appears shows the Artist information for each track, again before you select a track.

David
24-04-2015, 13:39
(24-04-2015 12:50)DavidHB Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 12:24)marco Wrote:  I have a Denon DNP730AE.

You could try Bubble UPnP, which runs on Android and is in the Play store. I use its similar stable-mate Bubble DS Next. On that, the album listing (icons or list) shows the Artist (actually, I think, the AlbumArtist tag) as well as the album name, before you select the album. If you select an album, the track list that appears shows the Artist information for each track, again before you select a track.

David
Hi David.
Great suggestion, I had Bubble installed and I forgot about it.
You're right, it shows the Artist name below the Album name.
Grazie (thank you)
ciao

Marco
24-04-2015, 16:07
(24-04-2015 13:39)marco Wrote:  Great suggestion, I had Bubble installed and I forgot about it. You're right, it shows the Artist name below the Album name. Grazie (thank you)

You're very welcome

David
24-04-2015, 17:51
(24-04-2015 13:39)marco Wrote:  Hi David.
Great suggestion, I had Bubble installed and I forgot about it.
You're right, it shows the Artist name below the Album name.
Grazie (thank you)
ciao

Marco

In addition to this, BubbleUPnP provides a "Show metadata" pop-up to show all the metadata for any album or track. You can access this pop-up from the "three dots" symbol to the right of the album or track.