Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LUMIN app - year only
02-04-2015, 09:25
LUMIN app - year only
Hi I've hit a brick wall trying to get the Lumin app to display only the year instead of, for example, 1983-01-01 when showing the track listings of any album.

Could you please help?

I had tried:

Decade.decade.index, Date.yearOnly.*

(in the tagOptions)

and Decade.default={Date}

(in the tagValue property)

but no luck

Note: There may (?) be overlapping or conflicting instructions as I am currently using:

tagOptions:
Album.sortTags={+Date, Artist, Album}, Decade.decade.index, Decade.decade.index

tagValue:
Decade.default={Date}

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2015, 10:32
RE: LUMIN app - year only
(02-04-2015 09:25)maikeru Wrote:  Hi I've hit a brick wall trying to get the Lumin app to display only the year instead of, for example, 1983-01-01 when showing the track listings of any album.

Could you please help?

The UPnP specification requires the server to send the date to the control point as yyyy-mm-dd. It is up to the control point whether it displays this full value or just the year.

If the date is tagged as yyyy or if it is tagged as yyyy-mm-dd and Date.yearOnly.display is in effect, MinimServer sends the date as yyyy-01-01. This is what you are seeing.
02-04-2015, 16:24 (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 16:29 by maikeru.)
Apologies - some confusion - so this is a limitation of which?:

the UPnP protocol?
the Lumin app?
or my profile settings?

It seems you are saying that I am stuck with the YYYY-MM-DD format regardless and should therefore give up on viewing simply YYYY?

(02-04-2015 10:32)simoncn Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 09:25)maikeru Wrote:  Hi I've hit a brick wall trying to get the Lumin app to display only the year instead of, for example, 1983-01-01 when showing the track listings of any album.

Could you please help?

The UPnP specification requires the server to send the date to the control point as yyyy-mm-dd. It is up to the control point whether it displays this full value or just the year.

If the date is tagged as yyyy or if it is tagged as yyyy-mm-dd and Date.yearOnly.display is in effect, MinimServer sends the date as yyyy-01-01. This is what you are seeing.
02-04-2015, 17:15
(02-04-2015 16:24)maikeru Wrote:  Apologies - some confusion - so this is a limitation of which?:

the UPnP protocol?
the Lumin app?
or my profile settings?

It seems you are saying that I am stuck with the YYYY-MM-DD format regardless and should therefore give up on viewing simply YYYY?

You should talk to the LUMIN app developers about this. Perhaps they will provide an option to remove -01-01 from these dates. There is nothing more that can be done at the server end.