Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations or comments - best place?
23-02-2015, 17:41
Annotations or comments - best place?
Hello,

Still loving MinimServer and can't stop thinking of new ways I want to tweak my library Cool ... and I apologize if this has been covered in another thread.

I have a number of DVD-A, SACD and Blu-Ray audio disks. In my iTunes collection, I've labeled the Album to include "Some Album (SACD)", as an example, as a reminder that I have a physical SACD for that album.

I am curious what approach others use to tag/annotate their collections with additional info that isn't a standard tag (i.e. ARTIST) in a manner that is displayable in their control point of choice (for me: BubbleUPnP).

Thanks, in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2015, 17:53
RE: Annotations or comments - best place?
(23-02-2015 17:41)krutsch Wrote:  Hello,

Still loving MinimServer and can't stop thinking of new ways I want to tweak my library Cool ... and I apologize if this has been covered in another thread.

I have a number of DVD-A, SACD and Blu-Ray audio disks. In my iTunes collection, I've labeled the Album to include "Some Album (SACD)", as an example, as a reminder that I have a physical SACD for that album.

I am curious what approach others use to tag/annotate their collections with additional info that isn't a standard tag (i.e. ARTIST) in a manner that is displayable in their control point of choice (for me: BubbleUPnP).

Thanks, in advance.

You can use the COMMENT tag to do this.
20-03-2015, 18:36
(23-02-2015 17:53)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 17:41)krutsch Wrote:  I am curious what approach others use to tag/annotate their collections with additional info that isn't a standard tag (i.e. ARTIST) in a manner that is displayable in their control point of choice (for me: BubbleUPnP).

Thanks, in advance.

You can use the COMMENT tag to do this.

OK, so I added some text in the COMMENT tag in a sample album. Where does this actually appear? With both Kazoo and BubbleUPnP, I don't see any of the comment text?
20-03-2015, 20:40
(20-03-2015 18:36)krutsch Wrote:  OK, so I added some text in the COMMENT tag in a sample album. Where does this actually appear? With both Kazoo and BubbleUPnP, I don't see any of the comment text?

If you have added Comment to the itemTags property, I believe you can view this in BubbleUPnP by selecting 'Show metadata' from the "3 dots" pop-up menu.
20-03-2015, 21:27
(20-03-2015 20:40)simoncn Wrote:  If you have added Comment to the itemTags property, I believe you can view this in BubbleUPnP by selecting 'Show metadata' from the "3 dots" pop-up menu.

Sorry... I am missing something. I added "Comment" to the itemTags property and rescanned, but nothing shows up in Bubble or Kazoo. I've verified that the Comment field is filled-in, using both Tag and Audirvana+.

Can you point me to an example?

Thanks, Ken
20-03-2015, 22:30
(20-03-2015 21:27)krutsch Wrote:  Sorry... I am missing something. I added "Comment" to the itemTags property and rescanned, but nothing shows up in Bubble or Kazoo. I've verified that the Comment field is filled-in, using both Tag and Audirvana+.

Can you point me to an example?

Thanks, Ken

What type of file (e.g, MP3, FLAC, WAV, ALAC) did you use for the test?
20-03-2015, 22:33
(20-03-2015 22:30)simoncn Wrote:  What type of file (e.g, MP3, FLAC, WAV, ALAC) did you use for the test?

FLAC, 44.1/16.
20-03-2015, 22:34
(20-03-2015 22:33)krutsch Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 22:30)simoncn Wrote:  What type of file (e.g, MP3, FLAC, WAV, ALAC) did you use for the test?

FLAC, 44.1/16.

Does it matter that it's transcoded to WAV/24 on playback?
20-03-2015, 22:43
(20-03-2015 22:34)krutsch Wrote:  Does it matter that it's transcoded to WAV/24 on playback?

This is working for me with FLAC files transcoded to wav24. Did you do a Rescan after adding the COMMENT tags?
20-03-2015, 23:14
(20-03-2015 22:43)simoncn Wrote:  This is working for me with FLAC files transcoded to wav24. Did you do a Rescan after adding the COMMENT tags?

Yes... "full" rescan. By "COMMENT tags" (plural), do I need to add anything other than the word COMMENT into the itemTags field on the Server tab?