Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic question
23-02-2015, 11:36
Basic question
I am new to this site and, whilst not exactly a computer Luddite, I certainly don't understand all the acronyms used here and would appreciate some basic help.

Having read the instructions I want to use MinimStreamer on a spare laptop to play the BBC streams on my Onkyo TX NR515 receiver. I can find no reference to UPnP in the receiver manual but it does have DNLA and will play music files from my main pc. Is my receiver classed as a UPnP renderer and will it work with a laptop connected to my household mains-distributed broadband (as is the receiver)?

Thanks.

Keith
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2015, 12:07
RE: Basic question
(23-02-2015 11:36)kjbuk Wrote:  I am new to this site and, whilst not exactly a computer Luddite, I certainly don't understand all the acronyms used here and would appreciate some basic help.

Having read the instructions I want to use MinimStreamer on a spare laptop to play the BBC streams on my Onkyo TX NR515 receiver. I can find no reference to UPnP in the receiver manual but it does have DNLA and will play music files from my main pc. Is my receiver classed as a UPnP renderer and will it work with a laptop connected to my household mains-distributed broadband (as is the receiver)?

Thanks.

Keith

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

UPnP and DLNA are very similar and MinimStreamer should work correctly with DLNA renderers (such as your Onkyo receiver) as well as UPnP renderers.

Please follow the instructions on this page and post here if you have any problems.
23-02-2015, 12:13
RE: Basic question
Thanks Simon.