Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling music boxes
29-12-2014, 17:27
RE: Handling music boxes
(29-12-2014 12:16)Fritz Wrote:  I used the Group tag previously -see the screenshot for Beethoven's Piano Sonatas. This is what I would like to use for the Mercury Box too. To see what I get right now for the Mercury Box I attached a second screenshot.

Not sure what causes the different behavior.

The difference is probably that the CDs in the Piano Sonatas set don't contain disc number information. You can edit the Mercury set to remove DISCNUMBER tags if they are present and add GROUP tags for the CD titles. This should make the two sets look similar.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2014, 18:03
[/quote]
The difference is probably that the CDs in the Piano Sonatas set don't contain disc number information. You can edit the Mercury set to remove DISCNUMBER tags if they are present and add GROUP tags for the CD titles. This should make the two sets look similar.
[/quote]

Both sets use the DISCNUMBER tags. I played with emptying the tags and setting mergeFolderAlbums to true without achieving to display the album icons only.

On the other hand with A-Z in the Naim app switched on the disc links are at the end of the list of album icons so that's ok... . I will play a little bit with the two examples to see what could cause the different presentations.
29-12-2014, 18:11
(29-12-2014 18:03)Fritz Wrote:  Both sets use the DISCNUMBER tags. I played with emptying the tags and setting mergeFolderAlbums to true without achieving to display the album icons only.

On the other hand with A-Z in the Naim app switched on the disc links are at the end of the list of album icons so that's ok... . I will play a little bit with the two examples to see what could cause the different presentations.

Does either set have ALBUM tag values that end with (Disc 1) or [Disc 1] or similar?
29-12-2014, 18:53
(29-12-2014 18:11)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 18:03)Fritz Wrote:  Both sets use the DISCNUMBER tags. I played with emptying the tags and setting mergeFolderAlbums to true without achieving to display the album icons only.

Does either set have ALBUM tag values that end with (Disc 1) or [Disc 1] or similar?

Thanks for looking into this. Group tag values have often a CDnn , but not always simply appended. Here are examples where it works

Album - Mendelssohn: Elias Op 70

Group tags
  • Mendelssohn: Elias Op 70 CD1
  • Mendelssohn: Elias Op 70 CD2

Album - Beethoven: Piano Sonatas

Group tags
  • Beethoven: Piano Sonatas CD1 (1-3-4)
  • Beethoven: Piano Sonatas CD2 (2-5-6-7)
  • Beethoven: Piano Sonatas CD3 (8-9-10-11)

Album - Davis: Bitches Brew
  • Davis: Bitches Brew CD1
  • Davis: Bitches Brew CD2
29-12-2014, 19:22
(29-12-2014 18:53)Fritz Wrote:  Thanks for looking into this. Group tag values have often a CDnn , but not always simply appended. Here are examples where it works

In the cases that work, you are probably getting disc merging (the default with consecutive disc nunbers).

In the case that doesn't work, is there a disc number missing from the sequence? You can find out by looking through the ">> Disc n" entries. A missing disc number will prevent disc merging.
29-12-2014, 20:18
(29-12-2014 19:22)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 18:53)Fritz Wrote:  Thanks for looking into this. Group tag values have often a CDnn , but not always simply appended. Here are examples where it works

In the cases that work, you are probably getting disc merging (the default with consecutive disc nunbers).

In the case that doesn't work, is there a disc number missing from the sequence? You can find out by looking through the ">> Disc n" entries. A missing disc number will prevent disc merging.

Bingo! I merged two CDs by hand since in one case the splitting into several CDs was apparently only done due to CD storage size considerations. So I had one disc missing. Thanks for the help!