Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling of albums with two or more artists
08-12-2014, 20:15
Question Handling of albums with two or more artists
Sometimes two or more artists are "responsible" for one album, e.g. "Beyond the Missoury Sky" by Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny.

Currently, I tag the artists as comma separated list of names, e.g. "Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny". Consequently, within Artists, the album is listed under "Charlie Haden, Path Metheny".

Instead of having entries of concatenated artists names, I want to find the corresponding album under any of the participating artists, e.g. I want the album "Beyond the Missoury Sky" to be found under "Charlie Haden", as well as under "Pat Metheny". Is this possible?

Best regards Hafer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 20:44
RE: Handling of albums with two or more artists
(08-12-2014 20:15)Hafer Wrote:  Sometimes two or more artists are "responsible" for one album, e.g. "Beyond the Missoury Sky" by Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny.

Currently, I tag the artists as comma separated list of names, e.g. "Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny". Consequently, within Artists, the album is listed under "Charlie Haden, Path Metheny".

Instead of having entries of concatenated artists names, I want to find the corresponding album under any of the participating artists, e.g. I want the album "Beyond the Missoury Sky" to be found under "Charlie Haden", as well as under "Pat Metheny". Is this possible?

Best regards Hafer

Yes, this is possible. You need to have two separate tags for the two artists who are "responsible". Most tagging programs can do this, but the syntax varies. For example, in Mp3tag the syntax is to separate the artist names with '\\'. Which tagging program are you using?

When you have these tags set correctly, you need to use the All Artists index in MinimServer to view each of the tagged artists individually.
08-12-2014, 21:53
RE: Handling of albums with two or more artists
(08-12-2014 20:44)simoncn Wrote:  For example, in Mp3tag the syntax is to separate the artist names with '\\'. Which tagging program are you using?

When you have these tags set correctly, you need to use the All Artists index in MinimServer to view each of the tagged artists individually.

Using "//" as separator and "All Artists:Artist" for indexTag just did the trick.

Once again, I'm very impressed of the expressiveness and flexibility of MinimServer!

Thx, Hafer