Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer & Naim n-Stream
01-02-2015, 22:07 (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 23:28 by simoncn.)
RE: MinimServer & Naim n-Stream
(01-02-2015 20:59)RikkieB Wrote:  Setting the ohnet.subnet to 192.168.0.0 solved the issue! I am running the VPN client and the Minimserver together. The NAIM app picks up the minimserver perfectly now! Many thanks!

OK, this confirms that the problem is related to the VPN. I had previously discounted this because you said in this post that disabling the VPN didn't made any difference.

I would very much like to solve the VPN issue without special configuration but this presents considerable technical challenges.

Thanks for all your help with trying various things and producing the logs!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 18:18
(01-02-2015 22:07)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-02-2015 20:59)RikkieB Wrote:  Setting the ohnet.subnet to 192.168.0.0 solved the issue! I am running the VPN client and the Minimserver together. The NAIM app picks up the minimserver perfectly now! Many thanks!

OK, this confirms that the problem is related to the VPN. I had previously discounted this because you said in this post that disabling the VPN didn't made any difference.

I would very much like to solve the VPN issue without special configuration but this presents considerable technical challenges.

Thanks for all your help with trying various things and producing the logs!

Thank you also for your help! I hope you can figure it out, but making this setting is not a big deal I think.
05-02-2015, 19:06
(05-02-2015 18:18)RikkieB Wrote:  Thank you also for your help! I hope you can figure it out, but making this setting is not a big deal I think.

It isn't a big deal for users who know they need to do it. It is a big deal for users who install MinimServer and find it doesn't work reliably for no obvious reason. It's also a big deal for me that some users will get a poor impression of MinimServer because it appears to be flaky/unreliable. Sad
06-02-2015, 23:48
(05-02-2015 19:06)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 18:18)RikkieB Wrote:  Thank you also for your help! I hope you can figure it out, but making this setting is not a big deal I think.

It isn't a big deal for users who know they need to do it. It is a big deal for users who install MinimServer and find it doesn't work reliably for no obvious reason. It's also a big deal for me that some users will get a poor impression of MinimServer because it appears to be flaky/unreliable. Sad

I get your point. If I can help you in anyway, just let me know. I gladly want to be a beta tester if necessary.