Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new user
05-11-2012, 20:05
new user
i have managed to setup Minimserver on my Synology Nas,which i recieved this afternoon.......thanks to the information i gathered on here!
will be getting a Linn DS/1 in the coming weeks and just preparing my setup for it.....
dying to try it out,but my Synology is transferring my old library from an external usb drive just now
i am retiring my SheevapPlug which has been quite a good wee server for Logitechmediaserver

cheers all

dennis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 20:32
RE: new user
(05-11-2012 20:05)maddog_007 Wrote:  i have managed to setup Minimserver on my Synology Nas,which i recieved this afternoon.......thanks to the information i gathered on here!
will be getting a Linn DS/1 in the coming weeks and just preparing my setup for it.....
dying to try it out,but my Synology is transferring my old library from an external usb drive just now
i am retiring my SheevapPlug which has been quite a good wee server for Logitechmediaserver

cheers all

dennis

Hi Dennis,
Welcome to the MinimServer forum! Please post your impressions of using MinimServer when you've had a chance to do that. Smile

I'm still using my SheevaPlug as a development machine and backup music server. It's performed flawlessly since I bought it a year ago. My main music server is now a QNAP TS-119.

Best regards,
Simon
16-11-2012, 23:26
RE: new user
Hello Simon,got the DS today for an extended home demoBig Grin
I am running your server with BubbleDS at the moment.
My network is wireless ,but I feed the DS via an ASUS Ethernet adaptor(EA-N66)
Using the 5ghz band as its unused and very strong downstairsBig Grin
Have been using Squeezeserver for years and will need some time to acclimatise !!
The DS sonically is "better"........a poor description ,but it will improve as I get used to the new regime
Thanks

Dennis

[q TVuote='simoncn' pid='1031' dateline='1352143963']
(05-11-2012 20:05)maddog_007 Wrote:  i have managed to setup Minimserver on my Synology Nas,which i recieved this afternoon.......thanks to the information i gathered on here!

cheers all

dennis

Hi Dennis,
Welcome to the MinimServer forum! Please post your impressions of using MinimServer when you've had a chance to do that. Smile

I'm still using my SheevaPlug as a development machine and backup music server. It's performed flawlessly since I bought it a year ago. My main music server is now a QNAP TS-119.

Best regards,
Simon
[/quote]