Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search function
24-04-2014, 09:19
Search function
Hi,

my name is Kay and I am using MinimServer on my Synology DS214. I am very happy with the server, as it runs very stable and it provides an alphabetical order.

The only thing that bothers me is the search function. My netplayer supports the UPnp search function. The LOG-file of the server gave me the following details: MinimServer: unsupported search query '(upnp:class contains "object.container.person") and (dc:title contains "Jan").

What can I do to solve the problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2014, 09:48
RE: Search function
(24-04-2014 09:19)levikay74 Wrote:  Hi,

my name is Kay and I am using MinimServer on my Synology DS214. I am very happy with the server, as it runs very stable and it provides an alphabetical order.

The only thing that bothers me is the search function. My netplayer supports the UPnp search function. The LOG-file of the server gave me the following details: MinimServer: unsupported search query '(upnp:class contains "object.container.person") and (dc:title contains "Jan").

Which netplayer are you using?

MinimServer is expecting a search query in this form:

(upnp:class derivedfrom "object.container.person") and (dc:title contains "Jan")

This is the form used by all the UPnP control points that I know about. Is it possible to request the developers of your netplayer to send this form instead?
24-04-2014, 11:36
RE: Search function
(24-04-2014 09:48)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 09:19)levikay74 Wrote:  Hi,

Which netplayer are you using?

MinimServer is expecting a search query in this form:

(upnp:class derivedfrom "object.container.person") and (dc:title contains "Jan")

This is the form used by all the UPnP control points that I know about. Is it possible to request the developers of your netplayer to send this form instead?

Hi Simon,

thank you for your quick response. I am using a Hifiakademie Netplayer (http://www.hifiakademie.de). It is a rather small company I think. I have passed the query information to the company and hope to get a quick answer.

Kind regards,
Kay