Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java MediaPlayer
20-04-2014, 11:01
Java MediaPlayer
The new version of Java MediaPlayer v0.0.8 is now released, it has the following new features:

Songcast Receiver Support
AirPlay Support
The configuration can be updated using a web page
Sleep Timer set using web page (if using Alarm Clock plugin)
A new format for the app.properties file
A new format for the RadioList.json file.
LastFM plugin
FullScreen plugin

The main Java MediaPlayer page can be found here:
http://petemanchester.github.io/MediaPlayer/

Documentation can be found here:
https://github.com/PeteManchester/MediaPlayer/wiki

The release version can be found here:
https://github.com/PeteManchester/MediaP...ad/release

Cheers,

Pete.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2014, 12:15
RE: Java MediaPlayer
(20-04-2014 11:01)PeteManchester Wrote:  The new version of Java MediaPlayer v0.0.8 is now released, it has the following new features:

AirPlay Support
LastFM plugin
FullScreen plugin

Congratulations on this new release!

If I have configured some radio stations, how would I play them?
20-04-2014, 16:14
(20-04-2014 12:15)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 11:01)PeteManchester Wrote:  The new version of Java MediaPlayer v0.0.8 is now released, it has the following new features:

AirPlay Support
LastFM plugin
FullScreen plugin

Congratulations on this new release!

If I have configured some radio stations, how would I play them?

Thanks Simon,

To use the radio stations you would need to use a Control Point such as Kinsky that supports the Radio Source. Just select the Radio Source and then select the station you want to listen to.
28-05-2014, 14:06
Thank you very much for your mediaplayer!! I think it is really great!

I have it running easily following your instructions.

However, I left it playing as songcast receiver following my Linn DS in the main room. I notice that it seems to break somehow after around a day left like this. When this happens it looks in Kinsky like the time is counting and it being in play state but it is silent. It is not possible to stop and restart from Kinsky or to get it to start playing a playlist track. The only thing to do is to restart it from the web page or restart the raspberry pi. Am I doing something wrong here?

Also, do you think it would be possible to add buttons the raspberry pi for stop, play and source?

Thanks again for your amazing work Smile Is it possible to donate?
29-05-2014, 09:36
(28-05-2014 14:06)Cableguy Wrote:  Thank you very much for your mediaplayer!! I think it is really great!

I have it running easily following your instructions.

However, I left it playing as songcast receiver following my Linn DS in the main room. I notice that it seems to break somehow after around a day left like this. When this happens it looks in Kinsky like the time is counting and it being in play state but it is silent. It is not possible to stop and restart from Kinsky or to get it to start playing a playlist track. The only thing to do is to restart it from the web page or restart the raspberry pi. Am I doing something wrong here?

Also, do you think it would be possible to add buttons the raspberry pi for stop, play and source?

Thanks again for your amazing work Smile Is it possible to donate?

Thanks for the feedback Wink

I don't think you are doing anything wrong with Songcast, i'm not sure what the problem is though... I've never been that patient and kept it on the Songcast source that long..
I have just rewritten the Songcast code using the Netty library, which has the advantage of making the code easier to maintain and also some slight performance improvements. What I would suggest is that I push this version to the beta download on Github and if possible if you can test using that version, then if you still have issues I will look at the log files.
The songcast code is ready to be tried, but I was doing some work on the web pages adding a lyric page, so that is not quite ready yet so if you ignore that part for now..

I will let you know when the code is ready to be downloaded, it should only be a couple of days..

I'm still thinking what to do with the PlayerStatus page, as you say stop, play and source controls could be added and there are lots of different possibilities, but I don't want to create a control point as there are a lot of good control points already.. I'm in the process of adding a lyric page at the moment, I am thinking of having a break from working on MediaPlayer over the summer, just doing bug fixes and then start again later in the year.

Thanks for the offer of a donation, at the moment I don't have anything setup for that. I'm not sure how many people are using MediaPlayer and if it's worth setting up a website/forum for it yet.. Maybe if you want to make a donation you could donate to Simon if you haven't already, as I am using his forum pages and he has the expense of supporting lots of different NAS boxes...

Thanks again,

Pete.
29-05-2014, 16:52
(29-05-2014 09:36)PeteManchester Wrote:  I have just rewritten the Songcast code using the Netty library, which has the advantage of making the code easier to maintain and also some slight performance improvements. What I would suggest is that I push this version to the beta download on Github and if possible if you can test using that version, then if you still have issues I will look at the log files.
The songcast code is ready to be tried, but I was doing some work on the web pages adding a lyric page, so that is not quite ready yet so if you ignore that part for now..

I will let you know when the code is ready to be downloaded, it should only be a couple of days..

Hi,

I've just pushed a beta version to GitHub, it can be downloaded from here Beta Version

I've done a quick document that details the changes and also lists the config options used for this version Beta Doc

I have updated a few of the jar files so I would recommend that you do the following to update:

Stop mediaplayer
Delete the mediaplayer directory
Copy the new mediaplayer directory to the raspi
Edit the app.properties file
Start mediaplayer

The Songcast code should be fully working, but some of the webpages are not yet complete, so if you can test the Songcast code and let me know if you have the same problem.

Whilst testing it might be worth setting the 'log_file_level' to be 'debug' in the app.properties
log_file_level=debug

Let me know how it goes,

Pete.
30-05-2014, 13:28
Thank you! I will try to get round to this in the weekend! I'll report back on how it goes! Smile
12-06-2014, 17:46
Java MediaPlayer
To celebrate the start of the world cup I have just released a new version of Java MediaPlayer.

https://github.com/PeteManchester/MediaPlayer

it can be downloaded here

New features include:
Simplified the configuration of the DAC used by Airplay and Songcast
Added an index.html web page
Added lyric and aritst info on the PlayerStatus page
Converted the Songcast code to use the Netty API
Some fixes to the Config web page
Some fixes to the radio provider
Added a new option to set a maximum volume limit
02-04-2015, 01:51
Hi Pete:
I am not able to find the mediaplayer folder. When I installed it on my RPI2, it did not install it on the /home/pi folder but some where else. I do something in the /usr/bin but kept on getting an error saying that its not a folder, even when I login as root. Any ideas.
Thanks,
Ahmed
02-04-2015, 09:43
(02-04-2015 01:51)iq_av Wrote:  Hi Pete:
I am not able to find the mediaplayer folder. When I installed it on my RPI2, it did not install it on the /home/pi folder but some where else. I do something in the /usr/bin but kept on getting an error saying that its not a folder, even when I login as root. Any ideas.
Thanks,
Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

It's a bit hard to understand what you have done and what you were trying to do, but if you run this command

Code:
sudo find / -name mediaplayer.jar

it will tell you if you have the mediaplayer.jar file on the file system and where it is.

I would recommend that for your first install you follow the instructions here:

https://github.com/PeteManchester/MediaP...spberry-Pi

Guus has also put together some very good instructions here

https://github.com/guussie/PiDS/wiki/RPi...l-Streamer

Have a look at 'Building the Software'

And of course if you have any more questions please ask.

Once you have it working, then you can try changing the file locations etc if you need to.

Thanks,

Pete.