Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
multiple entries in playlist
18-08-2012, 10:25
multiple entries in playlist
Hi
Minimserver 0.52d
When I use AlbumArtist to drill down in SongBook Lite and arrive at an album and click on Queue All, the album is added two or more times to the existing PlayList on my Renew DS. If I actually open the album iin the Library View before clicking on Queue All, it is only added once.

The same thing seems to happen when I arrive at a choice of multiple items and click Queue All and all albums are added twice or more.

thanks
Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2012, 11:33
RE: multiple entries in playlist
(18-08-2012 10:25)machtman Wrote:  Hi
Minimserver 0.52d
When I use AlbumArtist to drill down in SongBook Lite and arrive at an album and click on Queue All, the album is added two or more times to the existing PlayList on my Renew DS. If I actually open the album iin the Library View before clicking on Queue All, it is only added once.

The same thing seems to happen when I arrive at a choice of multiple items and click Queue All and all albums are added twice or more.

thanks
Mark

You will get this problem if you click "Queue All" from a selection page showing tag choices.

This could explain your "choice of multiple items" problem. To avoid the problem, you need to first select either "n albums" or "n items" and then click "Queue All".

It might also explain your "arrive at an album" problem if the tracks of the album have different index tags. This would cause MinimServer to show you a choice of tags within a single album. If you've set 'Title' as an entry in indexTags, you would get this problem for all albums.

I've been thinking of changing the single-album page so it doesn't show tag choices, even if there are some. If this is the problem you're having, it would be solved by this change. Please confirm whether or not this description fits the problem you're seeing.
21-08-2012, 08:12
Hi,
I'm getting this problem even after I have selected n albums. I then see the albums in SongBook Lite, click on Queue all and get more than two copies of each track with the order somewhat mangled after the first complete set.

(18-08-2012 11:33)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 10:25)machtman Wrote:  Hi
Minimserver 0.52d

thanks
Mark

You will get this problem if you click "Queue All" from a selection page showing tag choices.

This could explain your "choice of multiple items" problem. To avoid the problem, you need to first select either "n albums" or "n items" and then click "Queue All".

It might also explain your "arrive at an album" problem if the tracks of the album have different index tags. This would cause MinimServer to show you a choice of tags within a single album. If you've set 'Title' as an entry in indexTags, you would get this problem for all albums.

I've been thinking of changing the single-album page so it doesn't show tag choices, even if there are some. If this is the problem you're having, it would be solved by this change. Please confirm whether or not this description fits the problem you're seeing.
21-08-2012, 20:05
(21-08-2012 08:12)machtman Wrote:  Hi,
I'm getting this problem even after I have selected n albums. I then see the albums in SongBook Lite, click on Queue all and get more than two copies of each track with the order somewhat mangled after the first complete set.

I don't understand how this could happen. Please can you produce a MinimServer trace log and post it here. You can do this as follows:

1) Restart MinimServer
2) Restart Songbook.
3) From the minim tray icon, select 'Show log'.
4) In the log window, change the log level from Info to Trace. Leave the log window open.
5) In Songbook, navigate to a list of "n albums" that shows the problem (with small value for n if possible) and click 'Queue All'.
6) The log window should contain quite a lot of output. Press 'Save as' to save this output to a file.
7) Change the log level from Trace back to Info.
8) Post the saved file here.