Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver and iso DSD
12-01-2014, 08:42
Minimserver and iso DSD
Hello, minimserver is recommended by lumin to play DSD files (DSF, dXF, DoP) but is it plan than minimserver can manage ISO DSD ?

Best regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 09:54
RE: Minimserver and iso DSD
(12-01-2014 08:42)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello, minimserver is recommended by lumin to play DSD files (DSF, dXF, DoP) but is it plan than minimserver can manage ISO DSD ?

Best regards

Is there a specification that describes the ISO DSD format?
12-01-2014, 09:57
Hello

Hum good question, not sure at all....but as foobar and JRiver are able to do...

Best regards
13-01-2014, 09:42
(12-01-2014 09:57)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello

Hum good question, not sure at all....but as foobar and JRiver are able to do...

Best regards

I found a specification for DSD Disc. Is this the same thing as ISO DSD? Is it possible for me to download an ISO DSD file (preferably a free sample) to see what it looks like?
03-04-2014, 14:25 (This post was last modified: 03-04-2014 14:27 by pat.)
Hi Simon,

The file is so big... I suggest you to buy the "Super Audio CD Sampler" on http://www.pentatonemusic.com.

Until April 15th, there's a welcome gift. I bought mine at 6€ and it worth it! Very good.

+1 for the suggestion to have Minimserver suporting ISO files!

Pat
05-04-2014, 17:09
(03-04-2014 14:25)pat Wrote:  Hi Simon,

The file is so big... I suggest you to buy the "Super Audio CD Sampler" on http://www.pentatonemusic.com.

Until April 15th, there's a welcome gift. I bought mine at 6€ and it worth it! Very good.

+1 for the suggestion to have Minimserver suporting ISO files!

Pat

Thanks very much for this pointer!
17-05-2014, 21:22
(13-01-2014 09:42)simoncn Wrote:  I found a specification for DSD Disc. Is this the same thing as ISO DSD? Is it possible for me to download an ISO DSD file (preferably a free sample) to see what it looks like?
I have tons of ISOs and would love to play them directly. If I can help with source materials, let me know.

Kal

http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2014, 09:14
(17-05-2014 21:22)Kal Rubinson Wrote:  I have tons of ISOs and would love to play them directly. If I can help with source materials, let me know.

Kal

Thanks for this offer.

I recently purchased a .iso sampler download from Pentatone and I have looked at the format. It would be a lot of work to add support for this to MinimServer and the chances of this happening aren't very high.
18-05-2014, 17:45
(18-05-2014 09:14)simoncn Wrote:  I recently purchased a .iso sampler download from Pentatone and I have looked at the format. It would be a lot of work to add support for this to MinimServer and the chances of this happening aren't very high.
Thanks for looking into it. I do understand that there are significant technical (and legal) issues.

http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2014, 21:15
(18-05-2014 17:45)Kal Rubinson Wrote:  Thanks for looking into it. I do understand that there are significant technical (and legal) issues.

In the case of a legally purchased download (such as those from Pentatone), there shouldn't be any legal issues. However, the technical effort needed to support this format is considerable and there doesn't seem to be much music commercially available as DSD .iso downloads.